Uptake calories once a week

Options
maddieglazier
maddieglazier Posts: 3 Member
Tim Ferriss says that it's good for your metabolism to up your calorie intake once a week. I researched this and it definitely seems like if you are eating only 1200 calories a day, your body will get used to it and stop losing weight. Doesn't it make sense?? That's why the first week that we diet, we lose the most weight. And every week we lose less and less and eventually we hit a plateau. Does this make sense to anyone?

Replies

• scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Tim Ferriss says that it's good for your metabolism to up your calorie intake once a week. I researched this and it definitely seems like if you are eating only 1200 calories a day, your body will get used to it and stop losing weight. Doesn't it make sense?? That's why the first week that we diet, we lose the most weight. And every week we lose less and less and eventually we hit a plateau. Does this make sense to anyone?

You hit a plateau because over time your body adjusts its metabolism to live off the reduced calorie intake that you are providing it. And yes you can up your calories once per week as tim ferriss says, or you can up your metabolism 7 days a week by eating at a smaller deficit which gets your body really burning calories.

There is only 2 ways that I know of to increase your calorie burn. One is to add muscle which raises your resting metabolism. The other is to increase how much you eat on a daily basis(not once per week). The first is not going to happen on a huge deficit like 1200 cal per day. The second is easily done by upping to what is suggested in the many posts above. Hope that helps.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options

You hit a plateau because over time your body adjusts its metabolism to live off the reduced calorie intake that you are providing it. And yes you can up your calories once per week as tim ferriss says, or you can up your metabolism 7 days a week by eating at a smaller deficit which gets your body really burning calories.

There is only 2 ways that I know of to increase your calorie burn. One is to add muscle which raises your resting metabolism. The other is to increase how much you eat on a daily basis(not once per week). The first is not going to happen on a huge deficit like 1200 cal per day. The second is easily done by upping to what is suggested in the many posts above. Hope that helps.

Exactly!!!

:drinker: