Replies

• cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    week 3 day 2 done!
  • cmecme
    Options
    Question: What's more important: Trying to keep a good pace or completing the week? I am nowhere near a 10 minute mile.... more like 11:30. Should i push for a 10 minute mile and repeat weeks until i get there?
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Question: What's more important: Trying to keep a good pace or completing the week? I am nowhere near a 10 minute mile.... more like 11:30. Should i push for a 10 minute mile and repeat weeks until i get there?

I don't think speed matters .. I would just worry about completing the weeks. I will focus on speed after I can run 30 min w/o stopping.
  • cmecme
    Options
    peteb79 - thanks for the info and thanks for setting this group up. I so hope i don't lose steam --- this is so motivational for me right now - exactly what i needed to get off the darn couch and start exercising more seriously and consistently.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Just completed week 3 last night! The 3 minute run's are rough, and I admit the 5 minute run's look intimidating...
  • thebassdrumheavy
    thebassdrumheavy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm going slow but I'm getting there! I did the first day of week 3 yesterday because I got sick and took a 4 day break to recover. The runs were long but I went through all of it! Can't wait to challenge myself tomorrow!
  • cecimaguina
    cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had such a busy week is just now that I'm trying the catch up and register my runs and my dairy. Oh well!
    I have to say, I've been doing the runs very consistenly BUT couldn't do it for 4 straight days...so I decided on Sunday to go back and not only run but do it outside (for the past couple of months I've doing it on a treadmill) OMG!! I felt I was going to dye! my chest couldn't keep up with me, is already Wednesday and my legs still hurt, it was a total disaster!!! I ran for 15min only (doing 1/1 walk/run ratio), I was doing so well with my treadmill!!! Of course, days with no excersicing and not following the dairy I've gained 1.5lbs!! What a terrible feeling.
    I'm trying to get back on track today, I just hope I get the energy to step into the treadmill tonight.
    Gotta do this!