Extra cals???

Options
Okay what do you do when you eat a ton one day, yesterday we went to a reception and ate quite a bit then went to have a drink and had chips, avocado, cheese dip. Then the next are 400 below BMR because you worked out.

Example yesterday i proabbly had 3000 cals, today I have had 1400 in food but burned 450-500 putting me 400 below bmr. Would you eat until BMR today or just balance some of that out from the night before? I'm not hungry at all otherwise I would answer this question myself...lol.. I have had 87 carbs, 120 protein and rest fat.

ETA: I think my diary is open.

Replies

• FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    bumping to see if anyone has advice
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Net your BMR at least. Go for protein if you haven't hit that ratio yet.

You want consistency.
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

What I do is eat yesterday's calories today. Because I will not know exactly how much my TDEE is until the end of the night and I like to be a little more accurate and I use my BMF. So say yesterday I burned 3000cal today I would eat -15% of that. Does that make sense? And this is just an example as I know most dont do this.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I try to plan ahead.

Like today I knew I would be indulging for MOther's Day. So I burned over 500 calories at the gym this morning, had light lunch and saved all the calories for my treats at dinner/dessert.
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options

What I do is eat yesterday's calories today. Because I will not know exactly how much my TDEE is until the end of the night and I like to be a little more accurate and I use my BMF. So say yesterday I burned 3000cal today I would eat -15% of that. Does that make sense? And this is just an example as I know most dont do this.

I like this idea, Scott, I was wondering on doing this earlier as I have a Fitbit which I sync at work, I'm down for 1729 cals per day + excersise cals over 300 cals burnt. I've already burnt 554 today already and will have more excersise later so could be on for an 800 burn today....But wont know until tomorrow morning when I sync again... So could be in danger of going under....

So much fooodddd.....:noway: