WHAT ARE YOU EATING??

Options
I am curious to know what you all are eating in a day even though you are upping your calories? I can't tell because most of your food diarys I can't see. Thank You!

Replies

• bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You can check mine out
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    Options
    Thank You!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Mine is there
  • swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Mine's public. Don't look at today or yesterday because I didn't log, but going back for the last 6 weeks it's there.
  • googsgirl
    googsgirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    A sampling of what I eat;

I eat oatmeal or a protein shake with a banana for breakfast. sometimes peanut butter on Ezekiel bread, toasted.

salad with chicken or turkey or quinoa with "greek salad " mixed in and a V8 for lunch

For snacks: almonds, protein bars, fruit, veggies and hummous, hard boiled eggs, cheese strings, greek yogurt

Dinner is usually whatever I make for my family( stir fry, chicken with rice and veg., sushi, pasta...)
    I limit process foods and try to cook from scratch, especially to keep the sodium down.

I have no problem eating 2000 calories a day. I watch my portions for dinner, and always allow for a glass of wine or two a few times a week and a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich for dessert nearly every night.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You can look at mine. Just overlook the popcorn and candy today :)
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You can check out my food diary, mine is open. I am trying to get in a good variety of food without eating a bunch of junk!! Today it was hard for me to get all my calories!! Gee, can't believe I am having trouble getting to my eating goals!!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    breakfast - weetbix (cereal) + chia seeds + honey and milk
    Lunch - turkey, avocado, swiss cheese and salad sandwiches or bread roll
    Dinner - about 180 gram of chicken or steak + vegies + 30 grams feta cheese and occassionally some coucous

Snacks are a banana with a tablespoon tahini or peanut butter, protein shakes with milk, protein bars, occassionally ill treat myself with a piece of fruit cake or some stewed apples with dates or sultanas with some custard...most days I have a piece of chocolate as well.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is Organic Peanut Butter on a piece of Whole Wheat Bread and 1 cup Fat Free Choc Milk and an Apple

Lunch is usually a Salad with chicken.

Dinner is lean chicken or pork (allergic to Beef), potato or rice, and broccoli, green beans or other "green veggie"

Snacks are what I had to add when I went to EM2WL and that's: soybeans, kashi bars, protein drinks, almonds, Fiber One Brownies.

I try to be mindful of Sodium and have found a couple of good ones in Starkist Low Sodium Tuna Packets and Maple Grove Farms Sugar Free Balsamic Dressing. (note that "Sugar Free" USUALLY means "loaded with Fat and Salt" but not in this case)
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Mine's open too.

I mainly have porridge (oatmeal?) or eggs for breakfast.

Lunches are pitta bread/bread/bagel with eggs/avocado/ham/pastrami/chicken....not all together ;)

Dinners - whatever I'm cooking for the family - pasta and bolognese sauce/chicken & veggies/pork & veggies

Snacks - yoghurt/almonds/walnuts/mixed dried fruit/fresh fruit/a couple of biscuits (cookies).
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    B: 2 eggs on a bagel thin with whipped cream cheese

S1: fiber bran muffin- Trader Joes

L: salad, grilled chicken, veggies, Greek yogurt

S2: Protein Shake, fruit

D: Varies, Mest or Fish, veggies, etc

S: mini Nillas, fruit, yogurt, depends......maybe a chocolate square
  • jenniekw
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this gives me a idea of what to eat and if I am eating what I should to lose weight even though I have upped my calories. I have to say 3 weeks in and 2 lbs down and a few inches lost between my biceps and waist. =)
  • jenniekw
    Options
    A sampling of what I eat;

I eat oatmeal or a protein shake with a banana for breakfast. sometimes peanut butter on Ezekiel bread, toasted.

salad with chicken or turkey or quinoa with "greek salad " mixed in and a V8 for lunch

For snacks: almonds, protein bars, fruit, veggies and hummous, hard boiled eggs, cheese strings, greek yogurt

Dinner is usually whatever I make for my family( stir fry, chicken with rice and veg., sushi, pasta...)
    I limit process foods and try to cook from scratch, especially to keep the sodium down.

I have no problem eating 2000 calories a day. I watch my portions for dinner, and always allow for a glass of wine or two a few times a week and a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich for dessert nearly every night.

[How much weight have you lost?]
  • googsgirl
    Options
    In response to the above post....

I have lost 3 pounds, which sounds totally lame, but I only have 8 max to lose. I have been trying to figure out calories since joining MFP in March and it was not until up upped my calories to 2000 that I lost anything! I also cut down my workouts to 3 strength training and 2 max cardio days which consist of long walks or maybe a 25 minute jog.

I had tried 1200 plus exercise cals= nothing

1500 plus exercise cals= nothing

1750 eating only to BMR= nothing ( and I waited it out for 5+ weeks..)

finally said, " screw it! I have nothing to lose, cuz nothing is happening!!" and I decided to up to close to my TDEE and just use my exercise as a small deficit.

In less than 10 days: 2 pounds and an inch off my waist, an inch off my hips. I have not measured anything else, but will from now on!

I think my body needed to "know" that I was going to feed it well, give it lots of rest, and train consistently but not crazily.

Seems to be working now. FINALLY!
  • jenniekw
    Options
    Sorry about the reply but I didn't get how to reply back to a person. After you do it you can't delete it...lol! WoW that is great considering it is evern harder when you are that close to your goal weight. But as of now I am 8 pounds away from mine too. Although I might go for 10 to give a little lead way....lol =)
  • googsgirl
    Options
    Sorry about the reply but I didn't get how to reply back to a person. After you do it you can't delete it...lol! WoW that is great considering it is evern harder when you are that close to your goal weight. But as of now I am 8 pounds away from mine too. Although I might go for 10 to give a little lead way....lol =)

I know! If I get that far I may do that too! Baby baby baby steps....
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I have lost 3 lbs in 2.5 weeks, one pants size and dropped my body fat by .5% and this is what I eat:

B-egg beaters with salsa and ham mixed in, 2 slices dempster's bodywise bread OR oatmeal with berries and brown sugar OR protein pancakes OR a high fibre cereal like great grains or Kashi.

L-tuna sandwich OR chicken wrap OR leftovers and I always have a couple servings of fruit or veggies with it.

D-whatever I make for the fam and it is always different but these are things we eat on a regular basis: spaghetti made with a high fibre pasta, stir fry, wraps, BBQ meat with grilled veggies and fresh bread, shake n bake coated chicken with salad and bred or basmati rice, basically any meat with potatoes or rice and veggies, butter chicken with naan, pad thai etc.

Snacks- greek yogurt with all bran buds, banana with peanut butter or apple with PB, light hot chocolate with marshmallows, almonds and grapes, protein bar

And on days that I workout I throw in a glass of chocolate milk after my workout (I don't drink protein shakes so this is as close as I'm going to get lol).
  • newve
    newve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump