Venting

Options
VeggyGal
VeggyGal Posts: 25 Member
Okay I want people to vent their frustrations. Being a somewhat newer Vegan I really would like to vent about CHEESE.
It seems everybody I know cannot get enough cheese. It's bothering me because I get this funny look whenever I tell people I don't or I'm not interested in talking about or having cheese. I have this friend that I love like a sister but she's vegetarian and I swear she eats and talks about cheese more than any other topic or vegetable and it really got to me over a three day period. What's so great about cheese really. What's funny is that being lactose intolerant makes me extremely gassy when I was eating cheese and she is very gassy and thinks that I'm making it up that it does this. It's like she's in denial that it affects her negatively in any way. It is really putting a damper on wanting to spend time with her because she only likes eating and talking about every kind of cheese that exists. I'm not sure if she sees how annoying it has become to me. I've been just ignoring it and it seems to have gotten worse.

If I don't see or hear about cheese ever again it will still have been too much!
uggghhhh!

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Sounds like cheese addict needs an intervention.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i have a friend who is very particular about her diet (no gluten, no refined sugar, raw vegetables but no tomatoes, eggplants or bell peppers, no ice, nothing frozen, nothing too hot either, no grains...the list goes on. ALSO she isn't vegetarian, so she won't eat all that stuff, but she will eat meat!) anyway, she talks about it NON-stop. food is the topic of conversation 9 times out of 10. I think it's annoying to hear about anything that much, even if we felt the same way about it!
    Variety (in conversation) is the spice of life :)

Perhaps you could mention to your cheese-obsessed friend that you feel like you're being ignored because you made a suggestion to her and instead of taking your advice, she continues to complain to you. So maybe you could say that you want the best for her and you love her, but you don't want to hear about it if she's not going to listen to you!

Or you could just say that it bothers you to talk about it, which is probably what I should say to my friend because after a few meals in a row with her, i wanted to wear earplugs.