Taking the plunge....

Options
becka63
becka63 Posts: 712 Member
Hi there,

I've read a few posts and threads in this group, as well as doing some research on fat2fit.com and NROLFW and I am finally convinced that the way to get out of my plateau and shifting the last 10lbs is....to up my calories!

The numbers I've got give me in the region of 1850kcals per day. NROLFW suggest eating more on days I lift, but at the moment I'm doing ChaLean Extreme, so not really lifting heavy like in New Rules, so I probably won't eat those extra calories.

I'm going to stick at it for 6 weeks, this will give my body chance to adapt to more calories and hopefully get me past any initial weight gain.

My fitness regime is going to be to continue with ChaLean extreme because I love it! I'd love to join a gym and lift heavy, but at the moment I just don't have the money. I like to run 10+k, but am struggling with juggling college deadlines at the moment, so spending the time on a long run is a bit difficult! I also have two allotments which require a lot of work!

I'm obviously not logging these exercise calories back, as the extra calories seem to account for those.

I'm using diet to try and increase my protein intake, again, I don't have the money to invest in protein powders right now.

Is there anything else I've overlooked? Or any suggestions? My diary's open...

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have your numbers, but 1850 sounds a bit low based on you being in school, so you are probably pretty young, unless you are short and have a low weight already. Just want to be sure you chose the correct activity level. You selected moderate for your calculation right?
  • becka63
    Options
    Ha- sorry, I should have given more info!

Age 37
    Height 5'4"
    Weight 140

Yes, I went for moderate 3-5 times a week.
  • becka63
    Options
    Just rechecked it on the scooby site mentioned in one of the stickies. I used katch mcardle too.
  • becka63
    Options
    Just bumping for any more info!