A little confused

Options
Hi,

I am a little confused. For some background for you, I had my BMR tested at 2154 recently. I was not eating enough calories and had been too low (netting 1600) for 2-3 months.

I decided to up my calories and have been netting 2200-2300 for a few weeks, and when I upped my calories, I also started lifting heavy. I also do some moderate cardio. I have been eating my calories back instead of doing overall TDEE - 15%, because my exercise has been changing week to week, but I am always moderately active or more.

My question is, if I am now netting in between my BMR and TDEE, but I am gaining a small amount (maybe 1/2 pound per week), is my body just in the adjusting phase and soon going to believe I am fueling properly and start letting go? It seems that this is correct based on reading the stickies, but I am just not sure.

Thanks!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yes, with lifting heavy, it almost seemed like for me there was a fat for muscle exchange going on. I could see myself leaning out, but the scale wasn't moving that much...clothes size were going down though.

Lifting heavy...put the scale away and fuel your body and lift...all the other stuff falls into place trust me.

Right now, I am in the second Meso of Cathe's STS program...so I decided to up my cals to TDEE, I have GAINED SIX POUNDS...but looking at my pics...there is absolutely no difference...me looking in the mirror I am seeing a LEANER me, muscles more defined...if I went by the scale, I would flip...but my clothes are getting roomier, muscles more defined, and fat disappeaing off my flanks, thighs, and back...so should I look at the scale or be happy for the lean muscle mass which is causing the scale to go up?
  • ehs5mw
    ehs5mw Posts: 65
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I think I need to take some current pictures and measurements and refer back to them as the weeks go by. I have done my best to avoid the camera, it seems, as I don't really have many pictures of me from the past few years.

Yes, I know how I look should be more important to me than the number on the scale, but that number is so much easier for me to see than change in myself.

I can definitely tell I am getting stronger, so I am going to keep trusting. Looking forward to posting about success soon!