am i on the right track?

Options
silvercanoe
silvercanoe Posts: 95 Member
Before I try again using the eat more to weigh less, I want to be sure that I have it right.

I am 56
203 pounds
5'6"
BMR (KM) 1371
1863 lightly active (F2F chart)
Fitness Frog says my TDEE is 2172
15% cut is 1846

I think this method makes more sense. I tried upping my calories to around 1750 the first part of April, thought I lost a few inches (could be to incorrect measuring) then upped them again to about 1850, trying to hit the 40/30/30 in carbs, protein and fat. I would love to lift heavy weights but don't have access right now. I walk 2-3 times a week for about 30-40 minutes, or once or twice a week along with a Jari Love or similar DVD.

I haven't lost inches or weight since I upped my calories. Will this method be successful if I'm not lifting heavy weights? Should I cut back on some calories? Change how I work out?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Replies

• tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Before I try again using the eat more to weigh less, I want to be sure that I have it right.

I am 56
    203 pounds
    5'6"
    BMR (KM) 1371
    1863 lightly active (F2F chart)
    Fitness Frog says my TDEE is 2172
    15% cut is 1846

I think this method makes more sense. I tried upping my calories to around 1750 the first part of April, thought I lost a few inches (could be to incorrect measuring) then upped them again to about 1850, trying to hit the 40/30/30 in carbs, protein and fat. I would love to lift heavy weights but don't have access right now. I walk 2-3 times a week for about 30-40 minutes, or once or twice a week along with a Jari Love or similar DVD.

I haven't lost inches or weight since I upped my calories. Will this method be successful if I'm not lifting heavy weights? Should I cut back on some calories? Change how I work out?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

I didn't check your numbers, but you should have success if you're not lifting weights. Remember you're still eating at a deficit to your TDEE. However, lifting weights will help tone your body which I have not been able to do very well with cardio alone.

And, no you should not cut back on calories. Just eat at a deficit to TDEE. Remember, this is not a temporary "diet". You will be eating this way for the rest of your life.

Good luck.