Scale moving in wrong direction! Advice please

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
So I've been doing this for about 2 mths I enjoy the more calories but haven't noticed any change in the scale or really measuring tape. I do circuit training with 5-10 dumbbells and I also started doing some more cardio to help melt some fat . I really wanna be lean all over advice please also feel free to look at my diary. I don't care abOut the scale but I wanna shrink my post baby pouch I have two boys 3 yo and 6 months had 2 c sections I feel my lower belly and my thighs need the most work lol! :) also any workout advice or foods to add I would appreciate it. FYI I workout about 6 days a week at my home before my kiddos wake up!

Replies

• juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Why don't you post your stats and the numbers you are following to see if anyone sees anything that pops out.

weight
    BMR
    tdee

Month 1 my #'s went up on the scale... they have been slowly but surely coming down now...
  • giag09
    Options
    27 yo
    133 lbs
    5' 2 1/2
    Tdee 1828
    Bmr 1388
  • giag09
    Options
    Bumpers!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I checked your diary and it looks like your daily goal is set to TDEE.. which means that You would not be losing any weight.. but that is your maintenance level.

If you want to go for a loss, you need to do something more like TDEE - 15% which for you is 1553.
    What level of exercise did you calculate your numbers with? moderate? light? sedentary?
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    So I've been doing this for about 2 mths I enjoy the more calories but haven't noticed any change in the scale or really measuring tape. I do circuit training with 5-10 dumbbells and I also started doing some more cardio to help melt some fat . I really wanna be lean all over advice please also feel free to look at my diary. I don't care abOut the scale but I wanna shrink my post baby pouch I have two boys 3 yo and 6 months had 2 c sections I feel my lower belly and my thighs need the most work lol! :) also any workout advice or foods to add I would appreciate it. FYI I workout about 6 days a week at my home before my kiddos wake up!

Doing circuits plus extra cardio could be overkill. If you're gonna do extra cardio, look to upping your weights and focus on less reps, if you wanna lose inches.
  • giag09
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice my calories are set with a 15 percent deficit my tdee is actually 2157 calculated with moderate exercise 3-5 days a week which gives me 1833... I used fitness frog.com
  • giag09
    Options
    Bump... Do my numbers look good or should I up them?
  • giag09
    Options
    Bump
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Numbers look good. But if you've been doing circuits for 2 months, its time to move on. :ohwell: Try to change it up every 4-6 weeks or so. Too much circuit work will leave you "soft", you need to harden up, lol. :wink:

You want to put muscle on (which will help *burn* the fat) not burn up the muscle, which is what happens when you do too much cardio/circuits for too long. Everything starts to look "mushy."

Bump up the weights first, then if you're feeling hungrier, eat a tad more on weight lifting days to support muscle growth.

and take pics!!!!! You're so close to what your body may feel is it's "set point" that changes will come in ways you don't think. So keep track using ALL methods: scale, measure & pics :wink:
  • giag09
    Options
    Thanks Kiki u are always helpful and reassuring!