Weekly Challenge: May 14-20

Options
Last Week's Challenge

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

--To earn a Fitness Enthusiasts+, Fitness Buff+, or Fitness Elites+ designation you need to drink 8 or more glasses of water everyday!
(8 glasses = 8 cups = 64 ounces)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

Results

Fitness Elites:
★Carrie+
Paul+
Sara Grace
Dan

Fitness Buffs:
Debbie+
Ellie
CurlyPep
Harold+

Fitness Enthusiasts:
Susan+

Our total minutes this week: 3095
Per person average: 344 minutes (Just 4 minutes shy of last week.)
Most improved player: Harold with 101 more exercise minutes this week than last week!! Congrats!

Four week totals: 12,784 minutes or 213 hours or 8.9 days of exercise!! So we worked out for more than an entire week in 4 weeks of our challenge! Wowzers!!

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    This week's challenge

It seems like the goal times worked really well for everyone last week. I am going to stick with them. Let me know if there are any other changes you would like to see.

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- To earn a Fitness Enthusiasts+, Fitness Buff+, or Fitness Elites+ designation you need to drink 8 or more glasses of water everyday! (8 glasses = 8 cups = 64 ounces)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

- *NEW* Playtime! : This week take some time out to get exercise the way you used to when you were a kid. RIde a bike, climb a tree, play tag, challenge someone to a race down the block, throw a ball around with someone... Anything you loved doing as a kid will work. Play for as long as you like. Earn a ♥.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Sonya - 250 days
    Ellie - 115 days
    Kelli - 115 days
    Debbie - 90 days
    Carrie - 70 days
    Paul - 60 days
    Susan- 55 days
    Clare - 35 days
    Jill - 20 days
    Sara Grace - 15 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    To report in at the end of the week, please fill out this little "form." Thanks!!

Exercise Minutes:
    8+ glasses of water daily: (yes or no)
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was)
    Playtime!: (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5)

It would really help out a bunch if we have a standard reporting form but please feel free to include more information about your week
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm in for Buff + again!

I'm a glutton for punishment, and will again go for 4/days of carbs at/under 40%. Not hitting it today, I can tell you lol.

Fun new challenge!

Thanks again SG for tracking all this! :flowerforyou:
  • camsmommy2008
    camsmommy2008 Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm in for the big daddy again this week and my goal is a 3500 calorie burn!
  • G3tR1pp3d
    G3tR1pp3d Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to play it by ear with the minutes as we leave for Bahamas Thursday at 6:30 am and wont be back till Sunday night. My goal this week is to not gain weight on vacation! That will be a huge accomplishment. I also would like to have my first week hitting water goals.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are

400 mins/4200 calories burned

at least 5 cups of water per day

multivitamin everyday
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm going to put my name in the hat for Buff, but I may do better.

I am drinking more water, but not up to the 8 cups a day - yet!

Personal goal is to try something (anything!) new in the way of exercise.

My playtime will be riding my bike - I haven't done it for 25 years, and bought a 2nd hand bike last week. Been out once and managed not to fall off, so I'm going to do some more!

I reached 35 days yesterday.
  • shorty313
    Options
    Yesterday I did 30 minutes of cardio and 30 min lifting :smile:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I am going to aim big again and we will see how far I get! Also going to go for 10 cups of water a day.
  • shorty313
    Options
    I did my 'fun' exercise last night - we shot hoops with the kids. Not really intense exercise shooting free throws, but a lot of fun!

:bigsmile: Thanks SG!
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options
    Crazy week this week, really busy. I am in week 5 of c25k and day 14 of Power 90. I gained 1.2 pounds since last Sunday!! My diet was really inconsistent this week. Got to get that more under control. I didnt go over on calories just poor choices at times!! Hope you guys are doing well!!

Exercise Minutes: 294
    8+ glasses of water daily: No
    Personal Goal:
    Playtime!: Yes, played baseball with my sons, had a race with them rolling down hills!!
    Days logged in: 35
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Not a bad week at all. My strength training program is a lot shorter time wise tham my previous cv based workouts. So i'm pleased to have made my minutes up with cycling. Many thanks to Sara for putting the challenge together, keep them coming :smile:

Exercise minutes: 403
    8+ glasses of water daily: Yes
    Personal Goal: Yes, complete my first week of strength training. Not much of a goal i know but i plan to start lower and add something new every week
    Playtime!: Sadly not, i was supposed to be playing golf this evening but my friend had to go away for the weekend. We out it off to tomorrow night instead
    Days logged in: 65

I'm hoping to match my exercise minutes next week. I'm not working nights so my cycling hours will be reduced. For my personal goal i'm going to add an extra 15-20 minutes of cardio vascular exercise to my strength training. As for playtime i'm going to try and do some non work related cycling.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Well I got 277 minutes of exercise and logged my 125th day today!

Water, I think I did good every day except yesterday. I actually woke up in the middle of the night feeling horribly sick and nauseous and couldn't figure out what it was until I realized my mouth and throat felt like sandpaper and I must have been dehydrated! What the heck? I chugged my bedside glass of water and after about 30 minutes I felt better and went back to sleep. Very strange.

No fun exercise for me this week as my tennis lesson was cancelled due to rain, I am going to watch baseball today though, does that count :tongue: I actually haven't been to an MLB game since the Rockies first season when they were still playing in the Bronco's stadium while theirs was under construction-think I was in high school....
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    Exercise minutes: 235 - most of it was walking as I've been feeling rough, but I did get a few other things done. Would have been more like 275-300 if I'd made it to Zumba on Thursday.

8+ glasses of water: Not everyday, but I did manage it some days, and never less than 6 - this is progress!

Personal challenge: to try something new exercise wise - done! I tried using an exercise wheel, but I think I need to build more strength before I will be any good with it!

Playtime: I managed a 2.5 mile solo bike ride! Hoping for a bit further this week...

Days logged in: passed 40 (yesterday I think!)
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Exercise minutes: 403
    8+ glasses of water daily: Yes
    Personal Goal: Yes, complete my first week of strength training. Not much of a goal i know but i plan to start lower and add something new every week
    Playtime!: Sadly not, i was supposed to be playing golf this evening but my friend had to go away for the weekend. We out it off to tomorrow night instead
    Days logged in: 65

I'm hoping to match my exercise minutes next week. I'm not working nights so my cycling hours will be reduced. For my personal goal i'm going to add an extra 15-20 minutes of cardio vascular exercise to my strength training. As for playtime i'm going to try and do some non work related cycling.

I need to do an update. I have been restless this evening so i went cycling. That's an extra 50 minutes to my exercise minutes and that definately counts as playtime because it was way to much fun to be anything else :happy:. I'm going to add to my personal goal to do the same route again next week.
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 240
    8+ glasses of water daily: (yes or no) YES
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was) yes! 15 miles
    Playtime!: (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?) Nope I forgot!
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5) 50
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 424 (2568 cals)
    8+ glasses of water daily: yes
    Personal Goal: none
    Playtime!: none
    Days logged in: 60

I did well to keep my head above water this week. :frown: Busy, busy, busy - two late nights at the office, cleaning, baking cookies, preparing for company . . . I still can't believe I was able to log so many exercise minutes but I'm really proud. Planting petunias and weeding the front flower beds today really tipped the scales. My son did join me walking a little Saturday, and we played a little "kung-fu" too, but I don't think it's enough to qualify me for "playtime". :tongue:
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 195, low this week, had 3 rest days
    8+ glasses of water daily: yes
    Personal Goal: To not eat sweets daily. Made it 2 days, guess that's not daily.
    Playtime!: Hula hooping :)
    Days logged in: 260 tomorrow I think
  • camsmommy2008
    camsmommy2008 Posts: 131
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 463 (2576 calories burned)
    Water: YES some days 10+ :smile:
    Personal Goal: No :ohwell: I wanted to burned 3500 calories and only burned 2576
    Play Goal: YES :happy: I went on a fun bike ride with my son and we went to feed the ducks. We also played outside more than usual.
    Days Logged: rounded down 75 but tomorrow will be 80 :drinker: