Gratitude Challenge

CdnPgnMom
CdnPgnMom Posts: 172 Member
I know this isn't a fitness challenge but think this would help people in all areas.

Sometimes we let life get in the way and take things for granted without giving them the accolades they deserve. I was thinking we could use this thread to post at least 3 things we are thankful for every day so we can realize more of our potential and also how fortunate we all are.

I will start off for today.

I am thankful for...

1. Justin sleeping on the couch last night to watch the kids this morning so I could sleep in.
2. The Green Team students being so understanding and patient about the issues I was having with the printer while trying to get their paperwork done.
3. The children being so well behaved when I had so much to get done today.

Replies

• KristaTellier
    KristaTellier Posts: 270 Member
    Today I am thankful for:
    - Getting some good news
    - Having the wisdom in a very busy moment to stop, and eat lunch outside for 20 minutes so I got to step outside my front door and actually feel the sunshine!
    - My husband getting to take an earlier flight home today so he won't be getting back so late
    - Being in overall good health!!!
    (and with the hopes of not jinxing myself, one more thankful note: for not over eating so far today!!!)
  • ktrauzzi
    ktrauzzi Posts: 71 Member
    I try and do this frequently for a while now for personal reasons. But, I could see how it would fit in quite nicely for thinking positive and helping in some way with weight loss.

Today I am thankful for:
    My husband selling some of his personal items which will help cover the cost of fixing our bathroom (after which we can put our house on the market)

My husband and my son

For the very nice weather we've been having which is allowing me the chance to get outside and walk.
  • ktrauzzi
    Today I am grateful for nel and mfp. They kinda work together. 70 days later and 15 lbs lighter. I couldn't have done it without you all!

I am grateful for heavy laundry baskets that I have to carry up a lot of stairs. I know I've shed at least 2 calories doing that lol.

And I am very grateful that my parents who are older (66, 71) are still well enough to drive 6 hours and be here to celebrate Holdens first birthday.
  • KristaTellier
    Today I am thankful for:
    - Being under calories yesterday (and consequently being down in weight this morning!)
    - Being on track so far today with food
    - A job that is flexible enough which allows me to work around all my dr. appointments
    - Being lucky enough to be born in Canada, and to great parents
  • KristaTellier
    Today I am thankful for:
    - Having a computer & internet access
    - Our home/house
    - A smart, caring husband
    - Healthcare professionals that are good at their job
  • KristaTellier
    Today I am thankful for:
    - The temperature - I love it hot!!!
    - A husband who will kill wasps for me
    - Community exterior fix-up grants that can help people in need
    - The upcoming long weekend and the extra time off work
  • ktrauzzi
    Today I am thankful for:

- Having 2 bills and 2 cheques appear in my mail. The cheques and the bills are the same amount. Yay for cheques cancelling out the bills. (kinda)

- Realizing today that when I go grocery shopping I only go to the produce section, the fake meat section, the milk section, and the cheese/eggs section. Sometimes bakery. I now easily skip half of the aisles in the grocery store.

- My parents are coming in for the weekend. Hoping my Dad brings his clubs and then we're going for a round of golf on Sunday. I may not be able to work out but golfing is a great calorie burner.

- Feeling like I'm actually under 150 lbs. And seeing 145 on my scale. Again, not an accurate number, but for me to be low enough for my scale to even show that is a great thing!
  • KristaTellier
    Today I am thankful for:
    - The (almost) start of a long weekend!!
    - The sun shining
    - Only a 1lb gain showing on the scale this morning after I didn't make the best snack/dinner choices at a meeting last night
    - My family
  • KristaTellier
    Today I am thankful for:
    - The rain stopping and the sun shining
    - A NEL workout tomorrow morning
    - Making basement decluttering/cleaning progress
    - Making (mostly) wise food choices today
    - Not buying any treats/snacks at the grocery store when I was so hungry and wanted to buy *everything* :)
    - Having the wise insight to put a small, healthy snack in my purse a few days ago for a day when I might need it (which happened to be today!)
    - Not working today
    - Sleeping in
    - Watching a movie with Marc last night (we've been so busy it seems like forever since we've had anything that would resemble a "date night")
  • KristaTellier
    Today I am thankful for:
    - NEL workout
    - Taking a nap!
    - A holiday tomorrow :)
  • KristaTellier
    Today I am thankful for:
    - Date night with my husband
    - My body shape
    - Being thankful for my body shape (since that most often is not the case)
  • KristaTellier
    Yesterday I was thankful for:
    - Dufferin Walking Group
    - Getting in a GREAT gym workout
    - A yummy dinner
  • KristaTellier
    Today I am thankful for:
    - A crockpot dinner we haven't had in a long time
    - NEL workouts
    - My parents soon return
    - Hand moisturizer (I hate dry skin)
  • CdnPgnMom
    Today I am thankful for...

~ my aching back because I know I had an awesome workout last night at NEL!
    ~ finding The Help online for my Kobo so that I can read it before the movie is on TV this coming weekend
    ~ not having any junk in the house because I am seriously craving right now!
    ~ all of the very special people in my life who support me in so many ways
    ~ finding two matching leather-bound notebooks at Wal-Mart that I can use to create a keepsake for my children.
    ~ bubble baths, wine, and books to help me relax after a long day
  • KristaTellier
    Today I am thankful for:
    - A new day with no mistakes
    - Friday and the upcoming weekend
    - Feeling *slightly* less stressed than yesterday re: work
    - MFP Friends and their support/encouragement
  • CdnPgnMom
    Today I am thankful...

...that I managed to record everything I ate.
    ...that I was able to get up and workout this morning before I could talk myself out of it.
    ...that we were able to go grocery shopping (I was really missing my fruits/veggies!)
    ...that we were able to sit down and enjoy dinner as a family.
    ...that we had a good day overall.
  • KristaTellier
    Today I am thankful for...
    - My parents being officially moved in!
    - Parents getting the apartment & truck early... on the same day... when it wasn't raining... that was AWESOME!
    - Living in the same province as my parents for the first time in 8+ years (and first time living in the same city in 15 years)!
    - My husband, for giving up his weekend to help my parents move and for helping me clean our humbe abode yesterday
    - A work week that is fairly planned, so I'm not as stressed as last week
    - A short work week (since I had yesterday off)
    - MFP friends that are still supportive when I need to take some MFP time off and can't show the same support back
  • CdnPgnMom
    Today I am thankful...

- that my landlady bought us a new stove so that we don't have to cook on an angle anymore.
    - for a loving husband who made a delicious dinner with my weight loss goals in mind.
    - for being able to work out even though I couldn't do it this morning like I wanted to.
    - for my two beautiful children who make every day an adventure.
  • KristaTellier
    Today I am thankful for:
    - NEL workout tonight (otherwise I know I wouldn't get a workout in)
    - Knowing that the weather and temperature is turning and it will get warm again
    - My zucchini plant hopefully not dying in yesterday's downpour and the cold weather last night
    - My husband taking time off work to take me an eye dr appointment since I wouldn't be able to drive myself home
    - Getting caught up on MFP and all the comments and posts my NEL friends made over the last few days
    - The successes that my NEL friends have in their own weight loss / healthy living goals
  • KristaTellier
    Today I am thankful for:
    - Monday NEL workouts!
    - Fish caught by my husband, cooked by my husband, and consumed by me. Mmmmm :)
    - Hot, beautiful weather
    - Taking a break from work early this morning and going for a walk
    - Kristy keeping an eye on my diary and helping to keep me accountable (had a successful "Day 4" today!!!)
    - Christina for her consistent awesome water intake - watching her numbers climb each has been a great reminder for me too this week!