Are my calculations right?

Options
ddiestler
ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
Okay, so I'm think I've come to realization I'm not eating enough. After researching and finding this group I've decided to increase calories. This is what I've come up..am I correct.

I had an indirect calorimetry reading (metabolism) done and it indicated my RBMR(resting BMR) is 1250

I exercise 4 days a week minimum running, elliptical, occasional walking, an hour each time. I burn at least 400 (Per HRM)

so I took my 1250 and multiplied it by 1.5(moderate activity)

It gave me a TDEE of 1875 a day
I then figured out 15% of that which was 1593

So my question then is....should I reset mfp calculations to 1593 would that be enough to trigger weight loss(I've been a very slow loser and plateaud several times for long periods of time..which I then kept decreasing cals. until I ate 1200)

Or should I eat between 1300-1400? and when do I if at all eat back exercise calories?

Thanks in advance,
Dawn

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Would you consider a metabolic reset? You would eat tdee for 8 wks and allow your body to adjust to getting maintenance cals and revv up the metabolism then you can start cutting again at 10%. Think it would benefit you to take a break from dieting.

Just a suggestion. If not wiling then please eat no less than the tdee cut value daily and net no less than bmr on workout days.
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group as well, and as Lucia suggested, I am doing a metabolic reset for 8 weeks. It is really giving me a chance to take a break from the hard core punishing diet I was on and focus on eating good food and a lot more of it!!! My TDEE is 2250!! The only problem I have is it is hard for me to hit that number, so in protein shakes I add flax seed oil and such to try to up my calories. Add me as a friend if you would like, I also have my diary open if you need ideas. Good luck on your journey!!