Should I eat more?

Options
ouandi
ouandi Posts: 135 Member
I'm 5'5", 159lbs, 30.5% body fat per calipers. I'm currently eating 1670 calories and NOT counting my exercise calories. I'm not counting my exercise calories right now because I only exercise 3 times per week and I tend to be above 1670 on weekends so I thought it would give me a bit of a buffer. Monday's I lift HEAVY with a trainer, Wednesday circuit class, and Fridays intervals on treamill.

I have lost maybe 1lb at most in the last 20 days and my measurements are not changing.

Should I up my calories or decrease them? I know my exact RESTING metabolic rate it is 1478 (through oxygen consumption testing). I'm just not sure what to do at all so any help would be appreciated.

I wanted to add that I've been lifting heavy for at least 4 years and my weight has stayed around 160lbs the entire time minus my pregnancy.

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You should eat your TDEE-15% every day.
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    We are the same height and weight. I lift 3x/week and run for 2 days a week. I eat about 1800-1900.

I would up to at least 1800/day
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    I'm 30, 5'4" and about 150's. I just started this journey so I am eating 1948 per day. i work out 5x a week (3x a week lift/cardio on other days). I am not sure if that works for me. it is my first week :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Your cut is 1947. Have you thought about changing up your routine a bit. Maybe try HIIT training twice a week and lift on your own two more times heavy during the week?
  • ouandi
    ouandi Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Your cut is 1947. Have you thought about changing up your routine a bit. Maybe try HIIT training twice a week and lift on your own two more times heavy during the week?

Yes, next week I will be completely changing up my routine. No more personal training at all. I'll probably do a barbell strength class one day, training on my own another, one day of cardio class like kickboxing and another day of HITT training with my heartrate monitor.

Do you think I should set my target to 1900? Since TDEE takes into account exercise I shouldn't be eating my calories back, correct?
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You should set it to 1947 and do not eat back your exercise calories unless you net below your BMR.