Anyone really hungry?

Options
pmcjt
pmcjt Posts: 34 Member
I've been restricting my calories to about 1200 and eat back half the calories I burn during a workout. I'm still really hungry...all day! I can't figure this out. I'm wondering if I'm just not eating enough. Jillian's plan seems to put me at 1200 a day. Maybe I shouldn't eat back any calories to maximize my loss but then I'd feel so deprived. Anyone have experience with this? I'm on week 5 and have only lost a few pounds since starting, too. I have about 40 pounds to lose. Getting frustrated....

Replies

• gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I started with more to lose (80 lbs), but I've never followed her plan. I eat 1400-1700 calories consistently, with one day with higher calories some weeks. I eat based on how my body feels. I do try to eat high-fiber, low-calorie foods I like. For example, a typicaly day would include a protein shake with almond milk and peanut butter in the morning, a yogurt partfait with plain greek yogurt, Go Lean Crunch and slice banana for lunch, a granola bar and apple for afternoon snacks, and a dinner with grilled chicken/pork, some steamed or sauteed veggies with olive oil, and a starch, like baked fries, rice pilaf, or a side pasta dish. I feel very satisfied, because I do not go too low in fat and I eat foods I like. Eating this way, I have lost 18 lbs so far (I've done 7 weeks).
  • aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I can't really say that I am hungry, but I can say that I miss the way I used to eat.