Help! So Confused!

Options
ilovesparkle
ilovesparkle Posts: 127 Member
My goal is to lose 82 pounds by this time next year, or sooner. I've been on numerous websites that all tell me my calories need to be between 1100 and 2700 a day. I don't understand this at all!!! My boyfriend also says I need to be at 1800, but that seems so high.

Can you guys help me understand this? I know for basic weight loss we need to cut 500 calories from the base rate, but 1900 calories is intense!

Age 27
Weight 222
Height 5'6

Replies

• chapparra27
    chapparra27 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 82 pounds by this time next year, or sooner. I've been on numerous websites that all tell me my calories need to be between 1100 and 2700 a day. I don't understand this at all!!! My boyfriend also says I need to be at 1800, but that seems so high.

Can you guys help me understand this? I know for basic weight loss we need to cut 500 calories from the base rate, but 1900 calories is intense!

Age 27
    Weight 222
    Height 5'6
    I am 33 and 204 5'5 and I eat about 1800 a day. You need to eat at least your BMR daily. This is what your body uses just to function. If you were in a coma this is what a doctor would give you to keep you alive and your organs functioning normally. Go to fattofitradio.com and get your BMR and TDEE and eat at MBR but have a deficit from your TDEE.
  • ilovesparkle
    Options
    That website was just a spam landing page.

That's also the whole thing that I don't understand. TDEE? MBR?
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You have worse ADD than I do. Read the stickies on this forum if you want success.

You said you did read it and understood it last week.
  • ilovesparkle
    Options
    I understood most of it. I'm just confused on the whole eating your base rate to lose weight. But, I guess that's what it says so that's what I should do.
  • ilovesparkle
    Options
    Ok I got it.

My TDEE is 2472.
    My BMR is 1798.

I put it as I exercise 1-3 hours per week. So as long I as I eat the 1798 calories, but remain under the 2472 calories, I will hit my goal weight in a year. But I need to adjust it as I lose weight.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You're SO CLOSE.

Take 15% off your TDEE. The amount left after subtracting that 15% is what you eat.

BMR is to never go under- that's it.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    So now that you've got your numbers, you need to remember that here at Eat More To Weigh Less, it is NOT about the number on the SCALE, losing a set amount of weight, or setting a time limit on weight loss.

As a matter of fact, it is recommended to stay OFF the scale and measure your success by using a tape measure and your clothing as a guide.

Read some of the posts here of the most successful people~ they have NOT lost SCALE WEIGHT but they have lost inches and dropped sizes in clothing.

Eating More is a plan to fix the damage to our metabolism caused by yo-yo dieting. Eating more resets our metabolism so that we can eat like adults and not a 4 year old. THERE IS NO TIME LIMIT ON HOW LONG THIS WILL TAKE.

What I'm trying to say is if you choose to use the EM2WL method, you must be patient, expect to see GAINS before any LOSSES and look at the BIG picture instead of just a scale number.