New to you

Options
GeemaQ
GeemaQ Posts: 14 Member
:happy: :happy: Hi all...need a friend or two or more to chat and vent and hi five and even whine a little with...!
I'm 69 and have promised myself that I'm going to have this weight off before I'm 70'...but it is so SLOW.,
Would like to kmow why, since I stay under my goals every dau on cals and exercise an hour every day.

How is everyone else faring? from your banners you seem to all be doing well.
sue

Replies

• nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Hi Sue: I am Di.Diane or Nannabanna or nannab....I get it..I really get it now...I eat healthier...no more than one red meat in 2 weeks...I mix up my exercise...Fitbit steps, weights, and eat lots of protein and vegs. I dance the Zumba, and many more exercise...I find GREEK YOGURT mixed with reduced fat peanut butter and blueberries is soooo satisfying to me. This probably doesn't help much...but it is what I d:)o...I love my pals..they keep me motivated and I do my darnest to motivate them...I keep 2 sugar babies 4-5 days a week( Grandbabies) ..so naptime and playtime is when I get it all done..
  • sharhappy
    sharhappy Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Sue I've been a member a pretty short time but learned right away to eat all my calories and also my excercise calories. It dosn't compute in my head but I lisened to everyone else and I started to lose weight. I have problems walking but do as much as I can. For me I've always been a night eater so at first I still allowed :love: myself to save most of my calories for night time. Now I'm doing Alot better with that . Having 94% fat free popcorn at night saves my life and 35 cal bread and I'm in heaven! :love: Keep trying and it will happen. shar
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Hi Sue I've been a member a pretty short time but learned right away to eat all my calories and also my excercise calories. It dosn't compute in my head but I lisened to everyone else and I started to lose weight. I have problems walking but do as much as I can. For me I've always been a night eater so at first I still allowed :love: myself to save most of my calories for night time. Now I'm doing Alot better with that . Having 94% fat free popcorn at night saves my life and 35 cal bread and I'm in heaven! :love: Keep trying and it will happen. shar

Shar: I could eat a horse at night..I ate some Quaker mini chocolate rice cakes last night, and they were delicious. Eating the calories back is def a habit I rthink most of us have learned. One post this am said she saves all hers til end of week and eats them all at once??..I do not know ..maybe that works..
  • sharhappy
    sharhappy Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Diane
    I wouldn't try that myself seems to me that would put you way over your calorie amount and cause a weight gain? I only know the older you are the harder it is! I just plan to use some of my calories in the evening because I know me and I'll crave everything in sight. :ohwell: I sometimes go over my carbs but I'm still plugging along. :smile:
  • sandeev
    sandeev Posts: 44
    Options
    Good morning ladies, Finally getting back on track here. I was doing great until the holidays hit last November. Then I went back to old habits with a vengeance! Just couldn't seem to get back on track. I gained back 15 lb's of the 66 I had lost plus quit exercizing. I was hanging on by a thread and feeling like fat crap again. Two dayd ago I tried on a pair of capri's that fit me well last spring........Well, guess what! couldn't get them over my fat butt and when I struggled and finally got them up, there was NO WAY the zipper and snap were going to get aquainted again. I WAS P.O.'d !!! So........I am back on track again, eating healthy and walking the dog 2 miles a morning. I returned to the book, " The 17 day diet" which works for me if I get creative with the foods. Lots of veggies, protien(eggs,egg beaters, turkey bacon& sausages, ground turkey, chicken,fish,limited red meat), eating carbs and fruit before 2pm, yogurts 2X's a day, It works well for me and I don't get hungry. The main thing is it weans me off sugar and 'bad' carbs and makes me feel great. So.......here I go again. Want to be down to my goal by the end of September. That's 30 more lb's. Prayers welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Prayers going up...I have seen the 17 day diet on a lot of blogs and post..Just wondering how it might work for me...Might just ck it out. I just keep drudging along....as long as I lose some,,,,I am happy..Since buying my fitbit it has helped me stay motivated. :)
  • sandeev
    Options
    What is a fitbit???? will I be embarresed when I hear the answere? :blushing:
  • bnewperson
    bnewperson Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sue.
    Welcome. I am a little late to the discussion but want to add that we all need support. It is really slow going for some of us (me) and need the support to keep us going. There are a significant number of us and I know they have really helped me stay on the program even when deeply frustrated. I will try to friend you but if unsuccessful - please add me as a friend.
    Barbara
  • sandeev
    Options
    Found out what a fitbit was. Did a google search. Decided not to purchase one. I have a tredmill & eliptical that I now use sporatically so made up my mind not to put anymore $$'s into exercise equipment until I start using the ones I have more frequently. Hard to drop the Lb's when you hate exercising. Need someone to lite a stick of dynomite under me.