Can't decide what my activity level should be considered!

Options
zaithyr
zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
I need a little help. I am having trouble deciding if I should be choosing sedentary or active or what when I'm using these BMR/TDEE calculators! I work at my computer all day long and then 4 days a week I do 30 Day Shred (I do it every other day basically). Sometimes on my in between days I will go for a walk but there are still plenty of times on my off days that I am chained to the computer working and don't get that in. When I'm trying to calculate my BMR/ TDEE it always asks activity level and different sites seem to have different definitions. Given the fact that I exercise those 20 minutes 4 days a week would that make me lightly/moderately active or am I sendentary because the majority of the time I'm working at my desk? Just trying to figure out what I really need to be eating!

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Few people are truly inactive enough to be sedentary- especially Mom's of younger children. I say go for moderately active and see how it goes after a month or two. It's most likely right on for you.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Few people are truly inactive enough to be sedentary- especially Mom's of younger children. I say go for moderately active and see how it goes after a month or two. It's most likely right on for you.

yep this^
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing ... as when i use the scooby website ... it goes by hours a week not days a week .. i also do the 30 day shred or cross trainer and total prob 2- 2 1/2 hours a week .. so on that website i should be 'light exercise' not 'moderate exercise'. pretty confused myself as i don't want to do opposite and eat too much ...

just wanna get it clear and get on with it ... hope you get some answers too :)
  • slammy1079
    slammy1079 Posts: 97
    Options
    Some weeks I'm more in the moderate camp and others I'm in the very active camp - so I just averaged the two. One said around 1938 a day and the other said 2100 - so I settled at 2000 for my daily goal. :)
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Some weeks I'm more in the moderate camp and others I'm in the very active camp - so I just averaged the two. One said around 1938 a day and the other said 2100 - so I settled at 2000 for my daily goal. :)

Good idea. :smile: