can someone check out my food diary?

Options
I haven't weighed myself recently but i am pretty sure i havnt lost anything..I have lost 60 pounds in a little over a year, but i cant seem to get the last 20 pounds to budge! (which I have been working on for about 6 months) Help!

Replies

• rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i was gonna look, but it's closed. have you been doing the eat more thing for a while or are you just starting?
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
    Sorry i accidentally clicked private instead of public LOL. I try to at least get 1400 cals a day..I have a few days that i go way over, and a few days where i am under
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I also tried to look at your diary but it was closed. I am also trying to get rid of the last 20 pounds, and it is hard. The scale hasnt moved for me either (well it moves up just fine) but I have went down from a tight size 8 to a comfortable 6/tight 4 since Christmas. I would highly encourage you to ignore the scale because it is a lying demon!!!!
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    I dont know your stats, but have you checked out the stickies to calculate your calories? I am fairly sure that 1400 calories is not enough to fuel your workouts. Trust me, your deadlifts will thank you. ;)
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    do you know your BMR and TDEE? if not, go here....

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

....and figure it out and then come back and share.
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    Ok, so sorry for hogging your thread. I just checked out your diary and I would recommend getting more protein and less carbs. Maybe shoot for 40/40/20 for awhile with your macro and see if that makes a difference? But I would also try to up your cals a bit more as well.
  • Mommareed4
    Options
    BMR-1515

TDEE-2613

Daily calories based on goal in step 6-2090

I am 5'7 and weigh 162 and 25 years old
  • Mommareed4
    Options
    Hello,
    I also tried to look at your diary but it was closed. I am also trying to get rid of the last 20 pounds, and it is hard. The scale hasnt moved for me either (well it moves up just fine) but I have went down from a tight size 8 to a comfortable 6/tight 4 since Christmas. I would highly encourage you to ignore the scale because it is a lying demon!!!!

LOL that it is!! I haven't weighed myself in i think 4 months..other wise i will get discouraged..ignorance is bliss lol
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    Eat your cut calories for 6 weeks and report back to us! Lift heavy and stay away from that lying demon!
  • Mommareed4
    Options
    Eat your cut calories for 6 weeks and report back to us! Lift heavy and stay away from that lying demon!

which one is my cut calories? is it the 2090?? I honesty don't know how to eat that much and do it healthily. When i first joined this group i said heck with it and did it but i gained weight and didnt loose it 6 weeks later lol..my body is weird.
  • mommamuscles
    Options
    Yes your cut calories are 2090. Mine are 2200, feel free to check out my diary for ideas. Your best bet is to choose foods that are a little more "nutrient dense". Think nut butter, lean meat, greek yogurt, avocado, cheese, nuts. Set a timer and try to eat every three hours. If you divide those calories into 5 small meals that comes out to roughly 420 calories per meal. It really is not that much food once you get used to it.
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat as you. 5'6 stuck at 155, lost 60 lbs. I just up'ed my calories to my TDEE -15% to see if that helps. Good luck! It's frustrating!!!!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    BMR-1515

TDEE-2613

Daily calories based on goal in step 6-2090

I am 5'7 and weigh 162 and 25 years old

What everyone else is saying and this: don't forget to NET your BMR at the MINIMUM every day!!
    Saturday your net was around 200~yikes!!! :frown:

And don't feel bad, prior to EM2WL, my NET could be in the NEGATIVE numbers!!:noway:

But you're here now so EAT!!!:love::love:
  • Livin_Large
    Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You Daily Calorie Requirements

BMR 1670
    TDEE2004
    Daily calories based on goal in step 6 1604

so I should eat 1604 calories a day?

Your Projected Weight Loss*

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) .8 lbs
    per week

Daily calories based on goal in step 6 41 lbs
    per year

so this is saying I'll lose 40 lbs in a YEAR? That's kind of depressing to me.
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to check out my food diary as well if you need some ideas. I eat a lot of Greek yogurt and add a little agave nectar for a little sweetness. It has a lot less sugar and junk in it than some of the other yogurts out there. I just try to eat a mix of protein, filling carbs, (brown rice, quinoa etc) and good fats, (olive oil, flax oil, avocados.). For me, I have to stay away from sweets. They are trigger foods for me and I am not sure I can stop at just one piece of cake:(. Anyway, hope this helps.
  • clovr24
    clovr24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You have really similar stats to me - I'm 5'6" (.5"!) and currently 158 (I've been stuck between 162-158 for a year!). I upped my calories to 2100 about 2 weeks ago and was lucky in that I haven't gained anything so far - I actually lost a pound.

My diary is public so feel free to check it out- there's nothing too exciting. Some days I do struggle with getting that much eating only healthy foods, but I'm learning as I go :)
  • Mommareed4
    Options
    Thanks everyone..I REALLY appreciate it..I preplanned dinner and pm snack only thing it I am way over on carbs (over 46) : / and only at 1825 cals and 117 protein. I could skip the pasta I was going to have for dinner but what would I eat to replace it?
  • clovr24
    clovr24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not sure if one way is better than the other- but I go by my macro percentages more than the range given..so I might be a little over on one, or under on the other - but I try to stay as close to 40/30/30 as possible (which in turn, will keep you at least close to the given range).

I think you can still keep the pasta, but I would maybe double the chicken - especially since you have the room for the extra calories and you need more protein :) Also, with more chicken, you might be able to use a little less pasta (1c instead of 1.5c?)
  • Mommareed4
    Options
    Not sure if one way is better than the other- but I go by my macro percentages more than the range given..so I might be a little over on one, or under on the other - but I try to stay as close to 40/30/30 as possible (which in turn, will keep you at least close to the given range).

I think you can still keep the pasta, but I would maybe double the chicken - especially since you have the room for the extra calories and you need more protein :) Also, with more chicken, you might be able to use a little less pasta (1c instead of 1.5c?)

Thanks! Yes I will do that :)..I was given advice to do 40/40/20..so i did the custom diary to reflect that (at least i think i did lol)..
  • Livin_Large
    Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    when you all put in for 1 lb a week loss, is that really what you lose? Or have you lost any more than that?