Low Carb at the Movies

Options
knittnponder
knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
This week will be a challenge for me as we've got two birthdays, a promised movie date with the kids and another movie date with a birthday kid. I ignored the rice crispy treats on the husband's birthday but movie theater popcorn is a downfall for me. And we're going twice this week! Plus another trip for ice cream (another birthday thing.)

So what do you do when you go to the movies? I already sneak in some water and in the past we snuck in candy (especially since all they sell is nasty candy and I prefer really good dark chocolate!) Please don't tell me to munch on raw vegetables because the reality is I just won't do it. Even if I brought them I'd end up stealing popcorn from random people around the theater and probably end up kicked out!

On my birthday I'm making them all go for a hike or on a bike ride like I did last year. :P

Replies

• sansouchi1050
    sansouchi1050 Posts: 137
    Options
    I bring a couple of cheese sticks or a bag of cashews to snack on. Sometimes a bag of the spicy pork rinds. The crunch keeps me out of the popcorn
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I eat popcorn, twizzlers and a chocolate bar..then I pick up right where I left off on my low carb journey. I only go to movies about once a month. If I dont feel like being normal for two hours, I have been known to eat beef jerky and peanuts!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, good ideas. Thank you. I'm going to "eat normal" one of the nights but since I'm going twice this week I didn't want to really blow it. I've only been doing low carb for a week and a half and I'm finally seeing the scale move after months of nothing so I'd REALLY like to not blow it to badly, you know? :) Thanks for the tips.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I bring my own snack - usually pumpkin seeds, as they are salty & crunchy. As long as I have *something* to munch on, I'm ok without popcorn.