Body Media Fit question....

Options
jyska
jyska Posts: 728 Member
I'm waiting for my BMF to arrive and I was just on the site setting up my profile. it asked me to chose an activity plan or create a custom one...I'm not sure what to put in for vigorous activity since I plan on doing one hour lifting 3 times per week (with maybe a 1 hr cardio thrown in once in awhile) but not every day and it looks like you set up the goal for an every day scenario. Moderate is not an issue because I tend to walk most days. I don't want my calorie intake goal to reflect the wrong activity for the week.

What did you guys do?

Replies

• crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    To be quite honest you will just need to try it and adjust it as it monitors you. I selected 'very active' and much of my exercise does not classify as 'vigorous'. My 60 min spin class this morning rated vigorous (above 6 mets) only after 15 minutes into it. My lift (stage 1 NRL4W-heavy weights) gets me up there to vigorous after a 15 minute run/warm up, and I stay there til the cool down and stretch. But my 60 min outdoor bike, when I was sweating and climbing hills, did not get above moderate... My 90 min hot yoga class, with tons of pushups, did not rate above moderate and I sweat a ton.

I bet the P90X yoga will rate moderate, Kenpo and Plyo should be vigorous after the first 10 mins, I'm not sure on the weights? If you lift heavy it should rate V, if you don't it may be moderate.

I love it! So will you. I have a hard time not looking at the data constantly- LOL
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just kind of guessed on setting up my initial profile/settings/goals because I wasn't entirely sure what the reality was. I plan to go in and reassess after a week or two of wearing my armband, especially since my activity level varies a bit depending on if I'm working or not (and let's not even mention the general sedentary status of my weekends...). I'm kind of glad that I picked a lower initial setting as far as activity goals so far, because it looks like mine isn't catching the majority of my weight/circuit workout as moderate or vigorous, even though my heart rate is elevated and I'm covered in sweat by the time I'm done. Who knows though, since I've only had mine since Friday evening.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I stopped stressing about that stuff because with my work load it just was all over the place. I just use it to find my TDEE and I look to see the different levels and sleep etc for fun. The rest is just gravy. The calories is really what I focus on. :-)
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    ok. so if I just calculate out a daily exercise average for now using my weekly regime, and then just make sure I stay at approximately a 500 calorie deficit each day for a few weeks until I can get a TDEE average, that should be fine? I realize it'll take a few weeks before I can really get a full understanding of my lifestyle but at least this gives me a place to start.

Thanks! :flowerforyou: