Newbie :) HI!

Options
WIChelle
WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
Hi everyone! I am beginning paleo tomorrow and just wanted to say hi! I have a good 80 lbs to lose. I have had my hubby hide the scale so I cant weigh daily. I think weighing daily is the dumbest thing I do. I am the queen of rationalization and decide if it is down I can have a treat. If it is up I might as well have a treat. So no more scale except the 1st of every month.

I have the Primal Blueprint book and have ordered Robb Wolf's book also. I look forward to this journey with you all!

Replies

• ethelapple
    ethelapple Posts: 79
    Options
    Good luck! I weigh every day, but I can understand how it drives you NUTS sometimes....but it keeps me accountable to myself. Eating Primal has been a wonderful change in my life...no longer a slave to hunger, no more headaches, no more PMS....hope it's as good to you as it is to me!
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi WIChelle! I use my scale everyday but I always feel as though I'm a slave to it. My official weigh-in date is on Tuesdays so I really only count those. The rest of the weigh-ins are for personal use regarding water retention. If I notice my weight goes up, it's usually because my sodium intake was ridiculous, like it was today.

For me, I do Primal which includes the addition of dairy. I had a really hard time giving up cheese and half & half with my creamer. I don't seem to have a problem with it and actually almost made a whole month without dairy. I love how I feel without grains. My weight is just flying off at this point and I don't have the same indigestion issues (bloating, gas, heartburn) and no unexplained aches, pains and stiffness in my joints in the morning. My energy is amazing too and I have actually started intermittent fasting on a regular basis. I don't get shaky now when I get hungry so eating only a few times a day (no breakfast, only coffee) works just fine for me.

As far as the books go, the learning never stops. I'm currently reading Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudus, CNS, CNT. So far it's amazing as it discusses the health and science behind Paleo/Primal eating. If you'd like another Paleo/Primal friend, feel free to add me :)

Yvette
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! The only time I have ever been a successful loser it was scale free. I just let the silly thing set my mood too much. I also have huge jumps in weight. I recently just jumped 7 lbs in 2 days.

I am not giving up dairy at this time. Well not cheese. I have a ton of baby bell to eat :) I had to quit coffee for another reason recently so no cream at the moment. .

Thanks for sharing the book you are reading Cerebrus! I will have to check that out.

Ethelapple~ seriously no pms? Sign me up! I'm miserable from ovulation on.
  • kecarlto
    kecarlto Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I weigh every day, but I can understand how it drives you NUTS sometimes....but it keeps me accountable to myself. Eating Primal has been a wonderful change in my life...no longer a slave to hunger, no more headaches, no more PMS....hope it's as good to you as it is to me!

No more PMS!!??!!! I'm so jealous! My mood is more stable for sure but I am still ravenous the day or two before. Hopefully that will resolve itself over time. I am weighing every day as well and hate not seeing the scale go down. I tend to eat less when that happens resulting in not feeling very good so I'm thinking of not weighing for a month. I did recently start "lifting" so I see changes in clothes but that darn number has not been changing in the last 10 days or so. AARRGG! Yup, the scale (for me) has got to go away for a little while.