I RAN MY FIRST 5K on Mother's Day!!

Options
meluc
meluc Posts: 153 Member
Hi All,

I've been using this program to train to run a 5K. I'm not done the program quite yet (@Week 8 day 3), but I signed up and ran in the Mother's Day 5K run here in Calgary.

I was very scared (almost crying actually) before the race. Quite nervous, asking myself what was I thinking, negative thoughts in my head, and the 18 thousand people at the race didn't help my anxiety level one bit....

BUT, I started running, I cleared the negative thoughts, I waved at spectators (Total stangers), I high-fived the course volunteers, I never stopped running (even uphill) and I sprinted at the end!! I DID IT! I ran 5K in 38.19 Mins and I am still so pumped and proud of myself!!

Keep up and trust the training, this program really does work. I was literally sitting on the couch and now I can run!

beep-beep :wink:

Replies

• yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Big congrats!! So very happy for you and glad you had an awesome time!! I just started but hope to be there someday soon:)

YAY!!!! :happy:
  • lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Woot that's awesome!! Good job!! My first 5K was also on Mother's Day!! This program really does work, it's awesome!!
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :D
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    awesome!! great time!! I run my first 5k tomorrow