Netting really low

Options
I started eating more and it really works for me, the first week I lost 1,2kg! But I didn't lose anything this week. I worked out a lot more this week and my thought is that I might be I'm netting to low (like 700-800 on work out days). Could that be the problem or is it something else, like building muscle?

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I started eating more and it really works for me, the first week I lost 1,2kg! But I didn't lose anything this week. I worked out a lot more this week and my thought is that I might be I'm netting to low (like 700-800 on work out days). Could that be the problem or is it something else, like building muscle?

Yes, netting 700-800 calories is probably the problem.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Why are you netting low is the question? Sounds like your activity level chosen for TDEE calc is not correct. Please use the scooby calculator in the TDEE topic, select the correct number of hours you workout per week and then select the 15% deficit.

EAT THAT AMOUNT DAILY...be consistent...right now you body is like ok, you gave me some food, ooops now I am back to getting less than I need to function...let me hold on to what I get....

Consistency is key!
  • elekelk
    elekelk Posts: 107
    Options
    Hmm, thats a LOT of calories :O
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Hmm, thats a LOT of calories :O

Yup! now eat all of them! Every day. :happy: your body will thank you once it understands!
  • elekelk
    elekelk Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm going to do that :) But I'm a bit afraid I'm going to eat everything in the house to do so, haha. How do I know if the calories burned are correct? I use machines with hart rate things, are they reliable?
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do that :) But I'm a bit afraid I'm going to eat everything in the house to do so, haha. How do I know if the calories burned are correct? I use machines with hart rate things, are they reliable?

From what I've heard, not really (but I don't know how some of the higher end models shape up for that). If you can afford to invest in a heart rate monitor that's the best option.