Anyone in this group similar in stats to me? 5'2"

Options
autumnk921
autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
I am just having the hardest time figuring out if this is going to work for me...I am just looking for someone who similar to me in stats so that I can see that it has worked for a woman my age, height, weight, etc. just to compare notes if possible....Thank you so much in advance for sharing!! :)

Height: 5'2" (62ins)
Starting weight: 169lbs (Jan 23, 2012)
Current weight: 163lbs (May 16,2012)
Lowest weight on MFP: 159lbs (May 5, 2012)
Goal Weight: 130lbs (For now) May go to 120lbs later.

Was lifting w/CX 3x/week....Just started 30DS Monday...

Calories were set to 1400/day until May 5th & I upped to 1600/day just changed them to 1700/day yesterday....Just for a little more info...I don't need someone with similar calories as me unless it works for you...I am just trying to find someone who has had results with this & to check that my numbers are pretty good...Thanks again!!

ETA: I used www.scoobysworkshop.com to get these numbers but am not sure of my activity level...I went with Light Exercise b/c somedays I do nothing...But not often...

*I hope this is enough info*

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    There's quite a few of us shorties in here...

I'm 5'2, 125lbs currently eating at a deficit @1900 cals

~Kiki
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

~Kiki

At what weight were you when you started eating more? Just curious...
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'2.

I started eating more 2.5 weeks ago and have so far lost 3 lbs. My starting weight eating more was 198.8.
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am also a shortie!!! I ring in at 5'1....and just started increasing my calories this week (on Sunday). I just wasn't losing anything on the 1200 a day MFP set me at initially.

So I ran my numbers using the fat2fitradio calculators and have set my daily calories to 1764....

I also have a bit of an obession with the scale....but am prepared for the gain that seems to be common when you first increase your calories.

I am coming back from an arm injury that has sidelined me for 2 weeks but when I get back - my exercise schedule will be strenght - 3 days a week; cardio (run/walk intervals) 2 days a week and then something fun and outside another day.

I am so glad that there are other shorties here.....especially those who have found sucess :).
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

~Kiki

Woo-Hoo!!!!! This is giving me so inspiration!!!!!! Thanks :flowerforyou: !!!!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm just 5 foot even and at my last weigh in I was 200 (over a month ago).

I started EM2WL on April 19 and I will not even LOOK at a scale till the 6 week mark.

I eat at (TDEE-15%) 1825.

I'm currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution till the middle of June and just booked a free training session to be shown "around the weight room" at my gym and how to do the NROLFW exercises the proper way. I am very excited about that!!
  • lkcostello
    lkcostello Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'3", 46 yo. I started eating at approx 1700 calories on May 8. Haven't lost or gained a single pound. I have gone up and down in 1/4 lb increments, but really stayed the same. Today I feel like my body is slimmer. My goal is no longer a weight, and it really hasn't been for a while, it is to keep from having to buy new clothes. I spend a lot of money on my clothes and I don't want to grow out of them in a month or so. So far I like eating more. Sometimes it's difficult to get that many calories in, but also sometimes it's easy to go over. It's just a balance I guess. But I'm never hungry.
  • guava6982
    guava6982 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and currently 154lbs. With a "moderate activity" setting, I am aiming for 1900 calories/day (15% deficit). I lift 3-4x/week, bike to work several days a week, and do a weekly Zumba class. My job is very sedentary. I am hoping to get to 140, which should put me in comfortable size 6. My highest weight in recent years was 161, and my lowest was 140. I am actually the same size now at 154 than I was at 140 due to a year of heavy lifting.

I joined this group and upped my calories about 2 weeks ago. I had been maintaining my weight at around 150 for the past year, but in the past couple of months, I started gaining, which is what prompted me to explore other options. I haven't been weighing myself regularly, but I did check my weight a few days ago, and I haven't gained. How about that...1900 calories/day (and sometimes more), and I haven't gained anything. And even better, my pants are fitting more comfortable than they did a few weeks ago.
  • beckyjo1987
    beckyjo1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 25 years old, 5'1", 137 lbs, and new to calorie counting. I lost 12 pounds through WW, which took 6 months (techincally 4 months, but the last 2 months were up and down), but I decided the WW formulas weren't what my body needed in order to lose weight effectively. I've been reading up on the "eat more weight less" method, and it makes so much sense! I made the basic calculations needed in order to figure out how many calories I should be eating and how many I should be exercising, and I'm excited to get started. I know that I will experience a gain, but fortunately I've misplaced my scale, so I shouldn't have much of a mental battle ahead of me.

MFP put me on 1200 calories daily, which is so low, and I was making the mistake of saving up my calories for dinner and dessert, causing me to over-indulge. I sit at a desk all day at work (sedentary), and exercise has been somewhat sporadic lately. Having just moved to a new town, I will be signing up for a gym membership this weekend. Today, I used the calculators on fat2fitradio.com, and here's what I found:

Highest weight (September 2011): 150
    CW: 137 (1 lb lost through MFP, first 12 through WW)
    GW: 121
    BF%: 31.3
    Goal BF%: 22.0
    BMR: 1293
    TDEE: 1621
    Cut TDEE: 1378

I'm hoping that I did these calculations correctly. I set my calorie goal on MFP to 1400, just to even things out. I will be sure to hit the 1621 mark on days that I work out.

I am so excited to give/receive support from other shorties like me! :tongue:
  • giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    5'2 1/2
    27 yo
    Sw 148 2 months post baby
    Cw133
    Gw 128 if possible but I wanna be a lean mean machine! ( with my curves)

Btw at my heaviest at 17 I weighed 209 lbs lost it in like 7 mths and have kept it off for the past 10 yrs and have had 2 baby boys!
    I am trying to start lifting heavier weights but I work out from home until my youngest son turns 1 yo in 6 mths
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories to 1776 five weeks ago. Right now I'm in Myrtle Beach on vacation, but I have continued lifting weights whlie I've been here and eating a bit off my program. I mention this cause I have been using this last 5 weeks to reset my body eating a higher number of calories and they say give it at least six weeks for your body to reset. I have gained 2 pounds, but have lost some inches. The biggest change has been in pictures. What I can't see on the scale or by measuring, I can see in pictures. The muscles and toning are there and if in week six I see a drop on the scale then I'll gladly take that too, but for now just the changes in my body are an awesome thing!

54 years old
    5'2 inches tall
    152 current weight
    135 goal weight
    I'm very curvy
    Lift heavy 4 days per week
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm39 , 5ft1 , , 23% bf and have been doing this system for 2.5 weeks and have lost 2 lbs. 2lbs is great as I hadn't lost anything for 18mths!!!!! I'm eating between 1900-2000 consistently. Looking forward to seeing cms & fat drop at my next check in with trainer. I can def see difference around my tum

Add me as a friend if you like :smile:
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Bump for later *

I'm 5'2" and 120-ish pounds. I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks.

TDEE: 1800
    TDEE-15%: 1530
    BMR: 1365

I set my lifestyle to Sedentary because I have a desk job, and I log all other exercise that I do (which hasn't been much lately, but I'm working on that).

I set my MFP calorie goal to 1530 and I just make sure my net is at least 1365.

I'm thinking about starting Jillian Michaels' 30DS... does anyone think that's possible with a foot that's recovering from surgery? I've been cleared to "jog" or "lightly run", but only on a rubber track (of which there are NONE in my area, so I just have been walking vigorously when walking my dog).
  • wowmom23
    wowmom23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 37. 5'2" and weigh in around 118lbs. I'm sure it sounds great but I swear that 70% of that is in my lower body...really! My BF% is ~26-28% and I'm trying to lower to 21% or just lower it. Period. I am still working out what #'s work for me.

My BMR is around 1280. I have calculated TDEE with a cut and try to aim for 1580 calories right now. I have been working on Eating More for over 2 months and haven't experienced the loss in any inches or weight... As I mentioned, I'm still working it out.

I do lift heavy 3x/week and have just added cardio back into my program 2 other days of the week.

Good luck!
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Glad to have found shorties! I am 4'11 and weigh 156 pounds.. My goal is to be 130 or less would be good too. I started out at 195 and have STRUGGLED to lose those 40 pounds. I cut my calories to suggested MFP calculations which was 1200..however, I never ate back any exercise calories. I workout 4 days a week running/walking burning 400-600 cals. I seriously think I've put my body into starvation mode.

Last week I increased my calories to 1300 and gained 2 pounds:( even after running 20 miles! From what I've read I should be eating more..I'm trying to find the right number as I'm all about the numbers kind of gal. I had a RMR test done and it gave me a number of 1250 so eating less than that is NOT good, I don't think.

I work in an elementary school and NO way have a sedentary job..I spend a fair amount of time walking around and on my feet so I'm burning calories doing that too..

I welcome any suggestions.. I am scared to increase calories too high for fear of gain..likewise, I'm afraid my body needs more fuel to lose.

Thank god for this site and all the wonderful people to help me on my journey..NO way I could do it alone
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I don't remember how long I've been eating more...I'll have to go back and look.

I can say this - it took my body about 4 weeks to get used to eating more. I've been battling a tummy issue off and on for a week, so my cals haven't been where I want them, but I have a BMF now and am finding I'm having HUGE deficits, which I don't want.

5'1
    37yo

SW: 207 (estimate, I think it was about 10# higher)
    CW: 145
    GW: Don't really have one.

I'm currently a size 6/8 and want to focus more on muscle building and definition. Once I build muscle, I'll cut more fat and then see. I do want to be in the 130's, but it'll be high 130's. I think I have a lot of muscle - I'm a teacher and burn between 2200-2500 cals a day, depending on the day. I need to eat more - LOL
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Posting to save this for future reference - several of you have numbers much like mine. Best to everyone.
  • swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5', 37 years old. My starting weight 6 weeks ago was 179. I've lost 6 lbs in those 6 weeks and a couple inches. I lift 2 days a week for an hour each time, Zumba once a week and usually get two 3-mile walks in during the week.

Now that I'm down to 173 my TDEE - 15% is 2002 calories based on scooby calculations.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Glad to have found shorties! I am 4'11 and weigh 156 pounds.. My goal is to be 130 or less would be good too. I started out at 195 and have STRUGGLED to lose those 40 pounds. I cut my calories to suggested MFP calculations which was 1200..however, I never ate back any exercise calories. I workout 4 days a week running/walking burning 400-600 cals. I seriously think I've put my body into starvation mode.

Last week I increased my calories to 1300 and gained 2 pounds:( even after running 20 miles! From what I've read I should be eating more..I'm trying to find the right number as I'm all about the numbers kind of gal. I had a RMR test done and it gave me a number of 1250 so eating less than that is NOT good, I don't think.

I work in an elementary school and NO way have a sedentary job..I spend a fair amount of time walking around and on my feet so I'm burning calories doing that too..

I welcome any suggestions.. I am scared to increase calories too high for fear of gain..likewise, I'm afraid my body needs more fuel to lose.

Thank god for this site and all the wonderful people to help me on my journey..NO way I could do it alone

You definitely need to be eating more!!
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    5'2"
    Age 50
    SW 180
    CW 166
    GW 130
    BMR 1340
    TDEE @2100 (walk a lo)
    Eat @ 1800