Week 6 Chat

Sister_Someone
Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
I just noticed that we're long overdue for this topic, so I decided to take the liberty of creating it. Liz, I hope that's okay. :)

So here goes nothing:

Week6.jpg

Congratulations! You've made it to week 6!

This week's challenge is to add getting a good night's rest 5 nights this week. 8 hours of sleep or more!

Water: 7/7
Food: 6/7
F/V: 5/7
Exercise: Strength: 60, Cardio: 90, Stretching: 15
8 hours sleep: 5/7

Why get good sleep? Check out this video! http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/video/sleep-weight-loss

Replies

• Sister_Someone
    So yeah, a little overdue with this one, but late is better than never, right?

How is everyone's week going?

Here, as good as it gets with less than three weeks left of school for the year. In fact, it's five, but one of those is a school-organized trip through Europe, and everyone knows that we won't be doing anything the week after that, so for the next couple of weeks everything besides getting my grades as high as possible will be on a back burner.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Good morning all.

The 8 hours a night will be difficult at best.. I have 2 little dogs that suffer from allergies and 1 of them is extreme, so he is up all night scratching, which means he keeps us up. The poor little guy is on medication, but it offers little in the way of relief and I hate having him on it as it contains prednisone. So with that being said I will typically get 6-7 hours of restless sleep as I often get up and will rub/scratch his belly just to give him a break. What can I say, I love my doggies :happy:
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Thanks a million Martine!

I've been a little MIA this week, due to getting a really nasty sunburn on Saturday. Today, it's still a little sore in places, mostly just itchy and starting to peel now. Kept lots of oils and lotions on my skin the last few days to help kill the pain and soothe the itchiness. Just made it back to work today! Still feeling a little icky, but not horrendous, so back to life almost as usual today. Back to the gym tonight for a nice lifting session! Missed it Monday.

Hope everyone has had a great few days!
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    My weeks been iffy. Got some kind of stomach but so eating isn't going at planned. Working on eating real food today (I hate soup because I still feel hungry) so we'll see how it goes. Finally got back into the gym!
  • Sister_Someone
    Claudette - Aww, poor doggies. :( As a person with allergies, I know it sucks, and people at least can take action measures to relieve the symptoms. I can only imagine how much it must suck for the doggies. :(

Liz - You're welcome! I'm glad your sunburn is better. My own tendency to burn has made me close friends with SPF 50. I literally don't know any other person who goes through at least three bottles during the summer.

Crystal - Are you feeling better already?

Me, just reporting a terrible week this far. Loads of studying, very little activity of any kind, diet is neither as terrible or as good as it could be. I don't go over, it's just that with a little bit of planning I realistically could make better choices than I do despite being busy.

I do have to say that no lifting will be taking place this week. Yesterday I tripped over my carpet, put my arm in front of me to break the fall and smacked it on the coffee table, just above the wrist. It hurts quite a bit and it's hard to hold stuff with it, but whatever, I'm just happy it's not broken.
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Claudette - Aww, poor doggies. :( As a person with allergies, I know it sucks, and people at least can take action measures to relieve the symptoms. I can only imagine how much it must suck for the doggies. :(

Liz - You're welcome! I'm glad your sunburn is better. My own tendency to burn has made me close friends with SPF 50. I literally don't know any other person who goes through at least three bottles during the summer.

Crystal - Are you feeling better already?

Me, just reporting a terrible week this far. Loads of studying, very little activity of any kind, diet is neither as terrible or as good as it could be. I don't go over, it's just that with a little bit of planning I realistically could make better choices than I do despite being busy.

I do have to say that no lifting will be taking place this week. Yesterday I tripped over my carpet, put my arm in front of me to break the fall and smacked it on the coffee table, just above the wrist. It hurts quite a bit and it's hard to hold stuff with it, but whatever, I'm just happy it's not broken.

Sometimes our weeks aren't perfect, and we just have to take em as they come. I hope your wrist feels better, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I feel better today. Still a bit iffy, but I have been trying my darndest to eat my calories. Doesn't look too great up until today, but Monday starts a new week.