Plateau?

MrEmoticon
MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
So, I've hit a point where I'm stuck.

I've been between 212 and 215 for about 2 weeks now. Same diet, I am going to start working out an extra day, and I'm trying intermittent fasting twice a week as well to kickstart the loss again. Any other tips?

Replies

• rdk85
    rdk85 Posts: 4 Member
    I plateaued around 196 for a long time. I was able to break it by closely monitoring my food intake (I think I was just eating too much, even without carbs). But now I'm plateaued around 192. IF has worked for me in the past, it should help some. I am going to start the couch to 5k program next week, hoping that it will cause another break from the plateau. Good luck!
  • McMama86
    McMama86 Posts: 3
    What are the tenets or IF?
  • rdk85
    rdk85 Posts: 4 Member
    It's basically fasting (generally only drinking water) for some period of time, intermittently. When I did it, I ate regularly one day, then when I woke up the next day I would only drink water throughout the day. I wouldn't eat again until I woke up the next day. It was essentially a 36 hour fast every other day. Some people do it where they fast 20 hours a day and only eat for 4, or some other ratio of fasting/eating. There are a lot of studies that show how fasting can help weight loss and general health, but it's up to you to do the proper research and speak to a professional about it. It worked for me, but I got to the point where, due to school and various life events, it became difficult to maintain. I want to start it up again soon, but we'll see.
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    I've been doing it twice a week. Wednesday and Friday. Eat at 8pm on Tuesday. Don't eat again till 8pm on Wednesday. So far, the scale has gone to the lower end of my plateau range, let's hope it goes lower.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    When I did IF, I'd fast for 16, eat for 8. It worked pretty well for me, eating breakfast at around 8am, lunch at noon, snacks at 4pm, and then not eating dinner.