Just Started Chalean Extreme today...

Options
MandyG4557
MandyG4557 Posts: 42 Member
I just started Chalean Extreme this morning and am new to myfitnesspal would like someone to help me motivated..

Replies

• Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    I'm also in week one. I just did Burn 2 yesterday, so feel free to add me. I'm enjoying the workout but have to push myself harder on the push-ups :)
  • mhenkel0506
    mhenkel0506 Posts: 27
    Options
    I just started Chalean Extreme yesterday. Add me as a friend if you like! I've never done this workout before, but I love Chalean and her other programs, so thought I would give it a try. I will need some motivation too!
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just started the push phase this week so I am only about a month ahead of all of ya! I lost 12 inches in the first month. So there's some motivation for you! Add me if you would like. I have someone who is a few weeks ahead of me and she is really helpful with suggestions and things to expect. Helps me mentally prepare for how I am going to feel! Hope you all enjoy CLX as much as I do.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I loved this program and lost almost 20lbs in 1 month, not to mention all of the inches gone!

To chart your progress, you will want to log your weight lifting in the cardio section for calorie burn. I found this to be easiest.

Currently i'm doing brazil butt lift but want to do another round of CHX after.

Don't get discouraged, it took me about 2 weeks before I was looking forward to the workouts. (this is my first "home" style program).

you can add me as a friend :)
    hugs!
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I started on Tuesday. Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    I'm starting the Lean phase on Saturday. I have loved this program so far.
  • Rhaiyne
    Rhaiyne Posts: 16
    Options
    I just started today too :) I've come to realize that i have no back muscles... lol
  • Lavern77
    Lavern77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have recently restarted this program and will be following it till the end with no excuses. My initial start a few weeks didn't get off to a very good routine and I ended up stopping for a while.
    I like it alot and can't wait to see how it changes my body these next few months.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    What weights would you all suggest starting with?? I have the program and its just been sitting in the box for like 5 months, I need to get free weights to start but unsure what to buy. Any help would be appreciated
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    What weights would you all suggest starting with?? I have the program and its just been sitting in the box for like 5 months, I need to get free weights to start but unsure what to buy. Any help would be appreciated

I went to target and purchased some ProForm selectable weights. it was a set of 2 weights each going to 25lbs in 2.5lb increments. They were around $70.
  • Rhaiyne
    Rhaiyne Posts: 16
    Options
    I have free weights ranging from 3 lbs to 10 lbs, and then I have my husband's PowerBlocks ranging from 15-50lbs.
  • janeen25
    janeen25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started this week. SO hard but I LOVE it!!! deff feeling results.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Started yesterday and am sore today. Only burned about 70 calories with HRM. Today I did Burn it Off and only burned 85 calories and I was sweating and working hard! Each Jillian Michaels Body Revolution workout burned at leasst 200 calories, what the heck!
  • Code2fornow
    Code2fornow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this weekend!! I'm super excited to start this- I'll be posting with ya all-
  • samurphy23
    samurphy23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This worries me too about the calorie burn, I saw a post of another one of our Jillian Michaels BR friends where her burn wasn't as high with Chalean as with BR. I have 3 weeks to go on BR and then I am joining you guys with Chalean.
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Strength training doesn't burn as much while doing it but the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism gets which means you burn more fat all day long.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Update on the calorie burn:

Somehow my HRM resting rate got changed from 72 to 129. So when I worked out at 135 - 150, it wasn't much of a difference! Now I'm finding that my cals burned are between 370 and 400.

I knew something had to be off because there was NO WAY I was only burning 70 with CLX!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    Glad you figured it out!!
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Started Friday, have done 3 workouts so far, Chalean is easy to follow, so far I am loving it! I did not take pictures, or measure, thinking maybe I should?
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Started Friday, have done 3 workouts so far, Chalean is easy to follow, so far I am loving it! I did not take pictures, or measure, thinking maybe I should?

Oh yes you most definitely should take measurements and pictures.