Diary Help!

Options
Sevio
Sevio Posts: 181 Member
Anyone feel like taking a look at my Diary and verifying that I am not eating enough?
No weight loss in a couple of weeks. I burn on average 500 calories per day in exercise at least 3 days a week. The other days I can burn upwards of 900 with Zumba thrown in three times per week.

I need some reaffirmation that upping my calories is the way to go. I feel like all I am doing now is eating And I am not hungry as it is now.

Please help :-)

Replies

• tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Seivo,

Your diary is not open to the public, so I can't see what's happening. I try to eat 40/30/30 (carbs/protein/fat) and limit sodium to 2500 mg. Protein is the hardest macro for me to hit, but I've added 2 protein shakes a day (one when I wake up and one after my workout) which helps.

But I will mention one thing. You are burning a lot of calories. I used to do the same with spin classes. But then I realized that I couldn't eat an additional 600 or so calories a day, so I cut back on cardio and started lifting heavy weights.

In my opinion, increasing calories is the way to go. I've messed up my metabolism all my life by yo-yo dieting. Eating less left me nothing but feeling hungry which lead to binges and then eating less. See the cycle? Really sucks. My goal is to be fit and healthy. I'm looking to decrease my body fat (and clothes size).

Lots of people have had success by eating more. Just check out the boards for more reassurance. Yes, it is scary and it will take time. But for me, it's worth it.

Hope this helps.