Kiki/Lucia/other pro's: Activity level???

Options
TiffyChick
TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
I had my first day of NROL4W yesterday (((applause, applause!!!))). ; ) Previously I was doing 5 days in a row of cardio (30 minutes daily) and also doing a 30 minute strength routine on cardio days as well (on machines, not free weights as I am now doing). I was using the moderate activity level to figure my TDEE with 15% cut. Now I am doing 3 days of 30 minute workouts/week. Should I cut back to light activity? I *was*.thinking of doing one day of cardio/week (30 minutes) and one day of yoga/week (also 30 minutes) along with my new routine on "off" days. For what it's worth I am quite sore from day one (so I'm working harder?) and am hungry ALOT.

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am no expert but I am doing NROLW as well 3 days per week with one day of 20 mins HIIT, plus walks to the park. I was told to go with light activity.
  • TiffyChick
    Options
    Ahhh...that stinks! I am eating 2000 calories now (that includes the 15% cut), based upon my previous workouts (moderate activity level). If I do light activity level (because of this new workout plan) my calories will be at 1773 with the 15% cut. And I'm still hungry at 2000 calories. That stinks...I thought the days of being hungry were over. Maybe I should increase my workouts just so I can eat! LOL
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would stay on the same activity level, if not have a look at the next one up, you need fuel to build and tone muscles :))
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    I am no expert but I am doing NROLW as well 3 days per week with one day of 20 mins HIIT, plus walks to the park. I was told to go with light activity.

Who told you to go with light activity?

I am doing 3 strength days and one cardio day and was told to go with moderate. I recommend moderate for anyone doing heavy lifting and a cardio day. Remember we are more active then we realize. With walking around cleaning, grocery shopping, etc.
  • TiffyChick
    Options
    I am going to stick with moderate activity, I think. There's no way I would have adequate energy to do the lifting without the extra calories. Thanks everyone for your help! : )