What Kind of Geek Are You?

Options
12346»

Replies

• mrincredible93
    Options
    Numbers & Math geek with Star Trek, Star Wars and Comics rolled in.
    I actually enjoy economic statistics and trending analysis. Last night, my 5th grade daughter was singing in a school choir concert. I caught myself checking the ratio of boys to girls in the choir and then doing the percentages of boys wearing glasses versus girls wearing glasses. I still listened to the songs too.
  • Routerninja
    Options
    We need something like the Meyers-Briggs tests for Geeks.
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    <-- I think my name says it all.

so... your into star wars?

LOL!

No, really. Your post made me laugh out loud.

i have my moments..

Well, it does help that right now I'm in bed, watching TNG...

My goodness! For Trekkies this almost qualifies as pillow talk! I'm blushing...
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly Cosplay Geek, I guess? I don't Cosplay, but if there were one called "Fantasy Geek" that would be me. I'm not really into Sci-Fi (except Star Trek <3), but I'm way into Sci-Fi's better half-- fantasy. I'd much rather be in Middle Earth. Or Valhalla. Or pretty much anywhere that appreciates intricately braided hairstyles lol.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Ubergeek - code in lots more than 5...

But Tyson? meh... He is good when he sticks to the topics he is knowledgeable in, but tends to make the basic geek mistake of thinking that expertise in one area means that his opinions are worth anything outside of those areas...
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Well I THOUGHT I was a gamer geek, but I think that Final Fantasy 7 was one of the lamer stories ever told. Now I'm not sure what I am!

Effing this, right here.

But if I'm sticking strictly to the infographic I'm another RDM of geeks- crafter/cosplayer/internet/music/uber (because alphabetically is nice)
  • ClarkWierda
    ClarkWierda Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    In the palance of the Geek Code, I'm a Geek of All Trades. Übergeek plus many others. Actually do both Star Wars and Star Trek...and Doctor Who!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    film/gadget/internet and gamer although i only really play pc mmo's rather than console games.
  • mookiemoo1974
    Options
    I am a hybrid Gamer Geek/Craft Geek, as I've frequently been known to state what a movie characters ability scores and alignment may be during the movie I'm watching while crafting homemade greeting cards for friends.

(I also frequently state that I really do need a bag of holding for my craft supplies!)
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'd say just a plain nerd.. With a sprinkle of cinephile... All I know is that I look relatively normal, but the minute I open my mouth, every one is like "WTF just happened?!".
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm.... I think I'm a nerdy geek! Anything Trek, anything Josh Whedon anything Stargate. I'm also a sewing geek, when someone asks me to make a costume for them I research it and get it as close to historically accurate as I can. I'm a Table top RPG geek too. When I make someone a patch work quilt I have to check every block to make sure it's accurate! Huh, guess that makes me sound really OCD doesn't it!!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Geek Recipe of me:
    • 1 ton of Comic Book Geek (70% Marvel, 20% DC, 10% Image and 'other')
    • half-ton of Star Trek Geek; I have watched every (700+) episode across all 6 TV series (including animated), and 10 of the 11 movies; have a couple of tech manuals and reference books
    • few pounds of Internet Geek (20 year IT career)
    • 1 pound of Encyclopedia Geek; Wikipedia is 2nd search engine behind Google, watched Jeopardy last night while on treadmill
    • half-pound of Gadget Geek (read up on stuff, but way too frugal to buy bleeding edge)
    • a cup full of Star Wars Geek: Have watched all movies but WAY WAY behind on Clone Wars (animated); zero books
    • couple ounces of Gamer Geek: Mainly an 'old-schooler' (coin-op 2001 backwards to 1978 and Dreamcast backwards to Atari 2600; 'MAME' anyone?); Also have a Wii and 50+ games