Good morning

Options
kay_bear52
kay_bear52 Posts: 71 Member
Good morning all.
I stumbled upon this group after reading a few other posts by members. I am in need of help and I am hoping this is the place for me. Here is a little about me. I am being as honest as possible :)

I'm 40 - work out of the home at a desk job all day. I do try to get in some walking or a workout video. I'm sure it is not nearly enough but I am trying to work it into my busy schedule just like everyone else. I have a 1 year old granddaughter that I chase around in the afternoons. I am currently on blood pressure medicines and I have a congenital heart defect. My cardiologist just informed me that if we can get 15-20 lbs gone...I can come off the meds! woohooo. So I have GOT to do this! I just have too. for my health.

I'm 5'2 and currently weigh 164lbs. I do not fry foods....its grilled or broiled. I don't eat frozen dinners or prepackaged foods. I try to eat fresh veggies and fruits. I have 2 cups of coffee in the mornings (no sugar, just fat free creamer) and I do not drink diet sodas of any kind. I drink about 100 ounces of water a day. I take multi vitamins, Vitamin D and B12 along with my Blood pressure meds.

I have had branded in my head that 1200 calories is what I need. Even the nutritionist I visited a few months ago told me that is what I needed to eat. I've tried following here at 1350 with no results. I've tried 1200 with no results and over the last month I have tried 1000 with no results. I noticed at 1350 that I had a very difficult time trying to eat that many calories. I eat a healthy breakfast early in the morning..usually a boiled egg and fiber toast. A snack around 10 or so...usually fruit or yogurt...lunch...then if I am hungry a snack in the afternoon and then dinner before 7pm.

I am at a loss and not sure what else to do. I have tried Weight Watchers...I have tried Jenny Craig...I have tried a nutrionist... I have even tried the Thrive program over the years. I am up for any and all suggestions because I am honestly frustrated and tired of not understanding...lol

Thank you in advance

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! First of all go to this website...

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

I have paid a bunch getting metabolism testing done, and I have a Body Media. This is the closest I've seen to my numbers.

The cals they give you in step 6 you eat every day. Exercise and if you haven't already start some strength training. A lot here lift heavy, but I teach Bodypump and don't have time to add that. :-)

You already know this is what you need to do. 1200 didn't work. 1000 didn't work! Your body needs more than that. Give it a shot and add me as a friend if you'd like as I'm less than 2 weeks in. :-)