Just checking in!

Options
Leigh14
Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
So ... I've stepped on the scale (sorry, Lucia! :indifferent: :embarassed:) and found that my weight is up AGAIN (13 total pounds since April 10 - 213 to 226; I haven't adjusted my ticker b/c I know this will come off soon!). Normally, this would depress the heck out of me. I would starve myself for a few days, exercise like a crazy person, take diuretics, take laxatives and rejoice when the scale went down a few pounds the next time I weighed ... even though I felt like crap!

But now? I'm not depressed at all!! I feel a teeny bit more squishy, but overall all my clothes fit the same. Really? Thirteen pounds and I haven't had to buy new pants? Impossible!

I am lifting heavier weights at the gym than I ever thought I could. I had a guy stop walking on the treadmill yesterday and watch me squat! Yes, it was a little creepy, and maybe he was thinking "Ew, look at that fat chick and how her belly smooshes out when she squats!" but in the moment I preferred to believe he was just thinking ... "Damn! Look at how much she's lifting! And look at that awesome form!" :glasses:

After my workout yesterday, I was ravenous. I had 1200 calories left for the day. That used to be all I ate in ONE DAY ... now it's 2700. My boyfriend and I decided to check out this new Japanese Steakhouse in town. I got a small salad with ginger dressing, miso soup, grilled chicken with teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds, rice, zucchini and onions. And I ate it all. And effin' loved it. My body was literally screaming "I LOVE YOU!!! I MEAN ... ME!! I LOVE ME!!!!!!" I estimated the dinner to probably be around 1000 calories. Before I went to bed, I had a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cone (around 150-200 calories). I almost cried with the feeling of satisfaction from my day yesterday!! I'm *slowly* going to work on the clean eating ... but for now, I am enjoying myself. Hard. :laugh:

So, your scale is going up ... don't worry! I can guarantee you NO ONE has noticed the 13 pounds my scale has said I've gained. I feel so much better. My hair isn't falling out as much as it used to, my nails are growing like crazy (they've always been super brittle), I have more energy, I sleep less and feel more rested!, I can lift more weights, I kill myself in Spin class and love every second, and I am looking forward to every day instead of wondering how I will stay under my strict calorie limit.

I read this board every day. I log on to MFP and come straight here ... I can't even read the main board anymore! This is my support, my answers and I stalk here all the time! LOL, Thank God for all of you. Seriously! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    SEE!!! This....THIS is what Drs and the media need to pay attention to!!! FITNESS IS HEALTH, bmi doesn't mean much really!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!!! I love every word you wrote :D

*strikes up the band, sets off the fireworks and the crowd goes wild!!*

Isn't it liberating just to EAT?? It's amazing!
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love this!!!! This is my favorite place on the board too!
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    "Damn! Look at how much she's lifting! And look at that awesome form!"

I bet he was thinking "Man, I wish I could squat that much weight!" Nice work and I loved reading your story.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! I love your post too.

And I rarely read the main boards either. It's too hard to read all the posts of people eating 1200 calories and not losing, I just want to scream EAT MORE...I do sometimes post and tell them to come here but I don't want to be condescending. Plus so many people don't believe this will work.

I am so glad I found this group and upped my calories. My quality of life has improved so much in the last 3 weeks, broke out of my plateau and I finally fee like this is something I could do for the rest of my life no problem!
  • witrixie2011
    witrixie2011 Posts: 224
    Options
    Inspirational!! Just what I needed to read today. :flowerforyou:
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are an inspiration and your enthusiasm is contagious! Thanks for your post!
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    Love the post!!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    So ... I've stepped on the scale (sorry, Lucia! :indifferent: :embarassed:) and found that my weight is up AGAIN (13 total pounds since April 10 - 213 to 226; I haven't adjusted my ticker b/c I know this will come off soon!). Normally, this would depress the heck out of me. I would starve myself for a few days, exercise like a crazy person, take diuretics, take laxatives and rejoice when the scale went down a few pounds the next time I weighed ... even though I felt like crap!

But now? I'm not depressed at all!! I feel a teeny bit more squishy, but overall all my clothes fit the same. Really? Thirteen pounds and I haven't had to buy new pants? Impossible!

I am lifting heavier weights at the gym than I ever thought I could. I had a guy stop walking on the treadmill yesterday and watch me squat! Yes, it was a little creepy, and maybe he was thinking "Ew, look at that fat chick and how her belly smooshes out when she squats!" but in the moment I preferred to believe he was just thinking ... "Damn! Look at how much she's lifting! And look at that awesome form!" :glasses:

After my workout yesterday, I was ravenous. I had 1200 calories left for the day. That used to be all I ate in ONE DAY ... now it's 2700. My boyfriend and I decided to check out this new Japanese Steakhouse in town. I got a small salad with ginger dressing, miso soup, grilled chicken with teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds, rice, zucchini and onions. And I ate it all. And effin' loved it. My body was literally screaming "I LOVE YOU!!! I MEAN ... ME!! I LOVE ME!!!!!!" I estimated the dinner to probably be around 1000 calories. Before I went to bed, I had a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cone (around 150-200 calories). I almost cried with the feeling of satisfaction from my day yesterday!! I'm *slowly* going to work on the clean eating ... but for now, I am enjoying myself. Hard. :laugh:

So, your scale is going up ... don't worry! I can guarantee you NO ONE has noticed the 13 pounds my scale has said I've gained. I feel so much better. My hair isn't falling out as much as it used to, my nails are growing like crazy (they've always been super brittle), I have more energy, I sleep less and feel more rested!, I can lift more weights, I kill myself in Spin class and love every second, and I am looking forward to every day instead of wondering how I will stay under my strict calorie limit.

I read this board every day. I log on to MFP and come straight here ... I can't even read the main board anymore! This is my support, my answers and I stalk here all the time! LOL, Thank God for all of you. Seriously! :flowerforyou:

This actually made me tear up a little, but not in a sad way.......in a that's freaking awesome kinda way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on rock'n it!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • carriea67
    carriea67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yeah....yeah....yeah!!!!! Thanks for sharing your story!!!! I loved reading EVERY SINGLE WORD. I am a newbie to the upping of calories (just started this past Sunday)...but I feel really good and I am so grateful not to stress over every single calorie so as to not go over 1200.

I am trying to come here on a daily basis...you all inspire me and frankly calm my fears about the weight gain that is sure to happen.

And by the way I am sure that guy was thinking "damn I wish I could squat that much).....

:love: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!! I'm glad you guys enjoyed my little update and I hope it has helped curb some fears out there. :drinker:
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I come straight here too since I joined!! Everyone here is so supportive and on the other boards people can get really ugly when you ask questions!!
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Alrighty, I have a question! Hopefully this thread will be sufficient to ask. :smile: My weight has stayed steady for two weeks at 225-226. I attempted to eat my cut (approx. 2200 - down from 2700) starting this past Monday. Monday I was hungry and my grandma had just made a homemade chocolate cake when I stopped by (talk about amazingly delicious!!), so I went up to around 2500. Last night, I was hungry after I'd hit my cut, so I ate up to 2700 again. Is it okay to continue eating the 2700 for another week or so? I assumed that since my weight had pretty much stopped going up or down, it was okay to go ahead and cut, BUT my belly was like ... "Nooooo!!!!" :laugh:
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I love your post and I also come straight to this message board after I log into MFP :smile:
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love reading that other ladies are not afraid to increase their calories. I just started to lift heavy last week and yesterday decided to up my calories from 1200 to 1900 (TDEE - 20%). Still a little nervous since the scale runs my life (currently) but I hope with time and lifting I can lose the 40lbs I have left on my body plus get ooober toned!