Need Friends who actually EAT

Options
ashlysnd
ashlysnd Posts: 72 Member
I am starting to eat at my BMR as of today (1663 + exercise cals) and I think I am going to need some support and motivation. My group of friends on here are eating at 1200-1400 cals, with some of them burning nearly 1000 a day. Geez, I couldnt do that, nor do I want to. So, I know there are others like me out there and I could use your company along the way.

Ht: 5'5''
SW: 206
CW: 192

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Hi there, you can add me!

I eat :D
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I eat my cut of 1770 everyday...which I think is probably on the lower end of calories in this group, LOL! :laugh:

Feel free to add me if you'd like :smile:
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Eating at 1200 cal, and burning 1000 calories?!??! Holy ****.

I eat 3150 calories a day, with 400 calorie burns.

Welcome to the group.

You should check out the Scooby calc, and also the thread on what to expect when eating more. This takes patience, and is a healthy way to lose weight, not body starvation like the numbers above.

What kind of exercise do you do, and how many days do you work out a week? With that we can calculate your starting numbers at eating at BMR + Exercise calcs, you still may not be eating enough.

Remember BMR is what your body uses daily, if you were laying in bed all day. You need extra calories for A) Digestion, B) Exercise, and C) all of the regular activities you do all day...all on top of your BMR.

You need to calc your TDEE, and they usually take 15 to 20% off that as your cut target.

Mike
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I sent you are request.

Also check out the stickies and the vids.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Half of my friends are on the HCG diet.
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    Half of my friends are on the HCG diet.

YIKES, that one scares me!! I just finished being pregnant, why would I want those hormones back lol. Plus eating 500 calories a day would really suck.
  • ashlysnd
    ashlysnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Eating at 1200 cal, and burning 1000 calories?!??! Holy ****.

I eat 3150 calories a day, with 400 calorie burns.

Welcome to the group.

You should check out the Scooby calc, and also the thread on what to expect when eating more. This takes patience, and is a healthy way to lose weight, not body starvation like the numbers above.

What kind of exercise do you do, and how many days do you work out a week? With that we can calculate your starting numbers at eating at BMR + Exercise calcs, you still may not be eating enough.

Remember BMR is what your body uses daily, if you were laying in bed all day. You need extra calories for A) Digestion, B) Exercise, and C) all of the regular activities you do all day...all on top of your BMR.

You need to calc your TDEE, and they usually take 15 to 20% off that as your cut target.

Mike

I used the Scooby calc and came up with BMR: 1663, TDEE: 2578, TDEE-15%: 2191. I thought that I should set it at BMR and then just eat back cals. Is that right? I did that instead of the TDEE-15% bc I am not sure what to on my rest days... Do I still eat 2191?

I also looked at the thread on what to expect and I am hoping I see a step in the right direction closer to 2 weeks and not 6... lol

My exercise regime is:

M--30 day shred
    T--HIIT Elliptical
    W--30 day shred
    Th--Yogalates
    Fr--Rest Day
    Sa--HIIT on Elliptical or running intervals
    Su--Ab cardio/calisthenics

There is sometimes a lil variation, but this is the norm. I also do some weight taining 2 or 3 days a week. I average about 30 min of exercise, giving me a 200-350 calorie burn on any given day. On the Scooby calc I chose 3-5 hours of exercise per week.
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    Your TDEE-15% is what you should eat every day whether you exercise or not (because you already factored your exercise into that number and the calculation just spreads out the deficit over the week then).
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I am new to the whole eating thing to so if you want you can add me, my food diary is open as well if you want any ideas on food choices.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Im so not afraid of eating...
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    The Scooby Calc already calculates exercise calories :)

So you need to eat everyday, consistenyl at your TDEE cut weight, while maintaining your macros.

So for you 2191 is what you should be hitting everyday, regardless.

Try that for 6 weeks, toss the scale out and start taking measurements bi-weekly.

:)
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I may not have figured what I need to do correctly but I certainly EAT! Please add me (I sent you a request) as well as anyone else looking for friends who eat.
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Add me! :flowerforyou:
  • luvdogz
    luvdogz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (anyone of you can :flowerforyou: ) I am set at 1891 right now. The more active I get, am doing baby steps now, it will go up more I'm sure. My body:heart: eating, lol!
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You (and anyone else here!) can feel free to add me if you like. I'm eating 1500-1600 a day (I'm 5'2", that might sound low but I'm a shortie!), I'm experimenting around a little bit though because I'm pretty sure MFP is overestimating my calorie burns so I'm trying to figure it out. Anyway, I like to think I'm pretty nice and I love friends and don't have enough yet, so feel free. =D
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I would love some friends who like to eat!! Please feel free to add me! I welcome all requests from this group!!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Hi!! (Raises hand!):flowerforyou:
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    I'm new too! I have been doing it for 1.5 weeks now... add me if you would like to! :)
  • abirkel
    abirkel Posts: 60
    Options
    i need more friends, too....i eat 1900-2000 a day.

anyone can feel free to add me!
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just started this, but you can add me. I am eating my cut at 1733 a day. Good luck! :-)