Should I be concerned?

Options
2012asv
2012asv Posts: 702 Member
I didn't realize it until this morning when I was comparing my measurements that I've been hovering over the same weight for a month now, regardless of what and when I eat. I do my best to stay within my macros of course, but I did experiment with lowering carbs for a week. (No positive results from that!)

Anyway, I guess this is what everyone refers to as "plateauing." While, my weight has been stalled, inches have been coming off and I can finally SEE changes in the mirror... I feel like I should just keep going and not care about the scale like everyone says, however, realistically I "do" need to lose at least 10 more lbs.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• OldStNick
    OldStNick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Except plateauing would infer that you're making no progress. You said you're making progress in terms of your body composition. So, you're not on a plateau ;)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Except plateauing would infer that you're making no progress. You said you're making progress in terms of your body composition. So, you're not on a plateau ;)

Exactly this!

You aren't on a plateau. Inches are more important in the long run, people see the inches lost...they don't see the number on the scale.

It sounds like you are doing great to me!
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize it until this morning when I was comparing my measurements that I've been hovering over the same weight for a month now, regardless of what and when I eat. I do my best to stay within my macros of course, but I did experiment with lowering carbs for a week. (No positive results from that!)

Anyway, I guess this is what everyone refers to as "plateauing." While, my weight has been stalled, inches have been coming off and I can finally SEE changes in the mirror... I feel like I should just keep going and not care about the scale like everyone says, however, realistically I "do" need to lose at least 10 more lbs.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Pretty much whatever everyone else said. If you are loosing inches then you arent on a plateau. Eventually you will gain enough muscle that your body, being a woman, and all will not create any more, but the muscle you have gained will continue to burn the fat you have left, then you should start seeing a downward trend on the scale. Until you stop loosing inches I would not be interested in what the scale says.
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I agree with everybody here. I know it's hard, but DITCH THE SCALE!!! I just told myself the same thing this morning. A while back I did a 3 week challenge to stay away from the scale. Before that, I used to weigh myself at least 4 times a day - very obsessive and not rational. I'm thinking of weighing in once a week. But we will see. I love the saying about how people don't see the scale, they see inches. It's so true. Bottom line, you should not be concerned and you should celebrate the loss of inches.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating more? has it been the month that your weight has stayed the same? If so, then no, definitely not a plateau:).. Keep at it, and the weight will start to drop soon. Your body is changing if you can see it in the mirror and that it definitely more important:)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    OK, thanks guys :)
    I'll be more patient. I know I shouldn't care about the number on the scale- which I haven't for the past month- but I didn't know if it was normal for the weight to be so still for so long. I just feel heavy and hate it :\.... This is my first time using weights and eating properly, as in MORE, so this whole experience has just been different. But definitely good different.

Thanks for all the support! xo
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    There are times where I have lost scale weight but look the same and wear the same size. There have been times when the scale didn't budge but I dropped sizes in clothes.

I have gone back to not using a scale. Well, I will when I can see I have lost just to see where I am. Even though I know I fluctuate and I know the scale sucks, it still messes with my mind. Its just better to stay away since its a size I am looking for, not a weight!