Question??

Options
astrampe
astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
I have been upping my calories from 1600 to 2000 for the last 3+ weeks....No change up or down....

Exercise stayed the same - more or less 3000 cals per week - cardio and lifting 3 times a week each, sometimes running a forth time too...

According to fat2fitradio, the TDEE for my goal weight (160lbs, I am now 176 and had been 176 for the last three months:sad: ) is 2320 cals per day....My BMR (Katch McArdle) - is 1666

How long (and I know everybody is different, but still) have it taken for the upped calories to result in weightloss?

I have seen a tiny change over the last two and a half months since I started lifting - better shape all over (optimistic!) and about an inch loss on my hips and waist each - half an inch on arms...) but there is still a layer of fat all over, and the scale is stuck - it only goes up with a few pounds around TOM and then falls back to the same number after...

Am contemplating pushing my calories up to 2100...I have not gone over 2000 at all in the last three weeks and netted less than that on cardio days(but almost neve less than 1600 (BMR)

Any advice?

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You could try pushing them up but honestly you said you have lost inches which equates to losing fat and that is what matters. You're most likely retaining some water and that is why the scale hasn't moved.

I dropped a pants size after starting to lift weight in April but only lost 3 lbs on the scale.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I would stick it out for a minimum of 4-6 weeks and give your body time to adjust. Try to remain as consistent as possible, the bouncing around of calories because we are having a fat day will probably only result in more bloating=personal experience. :/

Besides, you are losing inches which is amazing!!! Who cares what the scale says? You are exchanging fat for muscle, which is awesome!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I would give it a solid 6 wks at the same cals and then bump up 100 cals and see how you trend.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh, please keep in mind, if you are lifting weights, you may be losing fat and possibly gaining some muscle hence no real movement on the scale...
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: LOL, thanks ladies - I guess I am having a fat day, that's all! I will give it a couple more weeks and just keep on going..