Changing activity level

Options
justagirl2013
justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
I'm cutting down my cardio for the summer. It's too hot to really run outside, and going to the gym is going to be limited due to my daughter home from school.

I plan on still doing my C25k (35min avg 3x week) and riding 1x week (60 min) and then 6 hours of grass mowing every other week. So my activity level (if I apply 3 hours of the grass cutting to each week) would be 5 3/4 hours.

Previously I was also doing 20 min of elliptical 3x per week, walking the dogs, and then walking with my daughter.

I'm just wondering if I should drop my calories down also. It's less than 200 cals difference from what I am eating now, to what I would change to.

ETA- I really don't want to give up my calories, but I definitely do not want to jeporadize my future either. I know I'm also only 4 weeks in, so I need to stay at my calorie count for at least 2 more weeks. I'll try to maintain the exercise until 6 weeks.

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I would keep it as is for now and for the first few weeks she's home- you might find you're not going to the gym but spending time doing 'summer stuff' with her could burn as many calories. Things like zoo's and theme parks are hotbeds of calorie burning. :)
  • justagirl2013
    Options
    I didn't think of that. We will be pretty busy the next 3 weeks, so should be able to burn those calories. I know we will be going to the beach lots!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yes activity is activity...if you are losing fat and inches at that intake stick with it.
  • justagirl2013
    Options
    I'm not losing anything yet, but going to give it 2 more weeks before I start crying for help :)