EM2LW with thyroid problem?

Options
babinsiegel
babinsiegel Posts: 38 Member
Hi! I'm new to this conecpt and just starting to learn more. Its really appealing because the 1200-1300 calories a day I'm trying to eat right now just doesn't seem sustainable long term. I like PB and banans and that's a lot of calories at this level :p I think everything I have read so far make so much sense but I have one reservation - hypothyroidism. My question is, has anyone been successful with this method with hypothyroidism? I would love to hear your stories if you don't mind. Thanks in advance for the help! I really appreciate it. I want to be healthy and feel like I am really struggling to get there!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hello to you my fellow hypothyroid friend...I just did a video on just that topic and what helped me in the past. Yes, I have it but it is under control. Please go check out the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k7-p-ErwCY&feature=plcp
  • babinsiegel
    babinsiegel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Thank you!!! :happy:
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have the ultimate in hypothyroid (I don't have one at all due to cancer in my teens), take meds for it, and I'm losing eating more. The best that I've been able to determine is that as long as it is managed/treated, your metabolism should be pretty close to someone with normal thyroid function. It might be slightly lower but not enough to where eating a sane healthy amount of calories will cause you to gain weight. If that happens, I'd go straight back to the endocrinologist :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm hypothyroid and losing just fine. If anything, I wonder if being on low calories hurts a hypo person that much more. We already struggle with metabolism - we don't need anything to make it more sluggish! Healthy eating and a good amount of exercise is helping mine to kick into gear. Also Armour thyroid, coconut oil, and a few other things, but that's a whole other thread...lol!