Nervous 0.o

Options
Natx83
Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
So this morning, I open my front door to leave to work and a little bit of paper falls out. Its a note.

I thought nothing of it and cause I was running a little late, I just jammed it in my pocket and proceeded to go to work, thinking it would just be the care taker telling me something.

I get to work and read it. Its an invite to go and have some drinks tonight at 7.30 with 3 cute as hell girls that have moved in downstairs from me. I think 2 of them are british as their balcony is right under mine and they are out there quite often as am i, as we live right across from the beach and can hear them talking etc.

3 girls though, man. Im not intimidated easily, but this has got me panicking lol.

Problem is, I have a dinner to go to then at about 9pm I have to help a workmate quickly pack down a outside dinner event ( I do lighting/sound/projection as a job) then Im free but prob wouldnt be free till about 11pm.

I dont want to be rude, but should I like buy a bottle of wine, and drop it off as a gesture before I go out and say if your still around later I will pop in or what.. agggghhh

:explode: :explode:

Replies

• poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    So this morning, I open my front door to leave to work and a little bit of paper falls out. Its a note.

I thought nothing of it and cause I was running a little late, I just jammed it in my pocket and proceeded to go to work, thinking it would just be the care taker telling me something.

I get to work and read it. Its an invite to go and have some drinks tonight at 7.30 with 3 cute as hell girls that have moved in downstairs from me. I think 2 of them are british as their balcony is right under mine and they are out there quite often as am i, as we live right across from the beach and can hear them talking etc.

3 girls though, man. Im not intimidated easily, but this has got me panicking lol.

Problem is, I have a dinner to go to then at about 9pm I have to help a workmate quickly pack down a outside dinner event ( I do lighting/sound/projection as a job) then Im free but prob wouldnt be free till about 11pm.

I dont want to be rude, but should I like buy a bottle of wine, and drop it off as a gesture before I go out and say if your still around later I will pop in or what.. agggghhh

Sounds classy to me...
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    Yeah I like that idea too. Tell them you have a prior engagement, but would meet up at another time. Plus, it shows how cool you are that you aren't available 100% of the time, haha
  • Natx83
    Options
    Yeah I like that idea too. Tell them you have a prior engagement, but would meet up at another time. Plus, it shows how cool you are that you aren't available 100% of the time, haha

Haha. I like the way you think bro.

Alright I will do that if I get time, today is hectic.

Any ideas from a ladies perspective?
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! If I was one of those girls I'd be calling dibs... :-D
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    Sounds good to me! Nice way to show interest back without being too available :wink:
  • Natx83
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! If I was one of those girls I'd be calling dibs... :-D

Haha thanks :blushing:

Sounds like that's the plan then, just man up and make it happen now
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    GREAT idea! You definitely get my vote for the wine :love:

Don't be nervous, they are only being friendly. Just be cool, they won't bite, travelling Brits are a friendly bunch. Probably making peace with you with the amount of parties they're going to have!! :drinker:

Have fun and take plenty of condoms :laugh:

j/k :wink:
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options

I think you know what your gonna do, you just wanted to let the fellas know you had a date with THREE hot girls! Kudos cause I would have did the same thing. #congratz
  • Natx83
    Options
    GREAT idea! You definitely get my vote for the wine :love:

Don't be nervous, they are only being friendly. Just be cool, they won't bite, travelling Brits are a friendly bunch. Probably making peace with you with the amount of parties they're going to have!! :drinker:

Have fun and take plenty of condoms :laugh:

j/k :wink:

Haha I don't know if they are travelling or just moving in as her accent sounds tainted with an Aussie accent lol. Yeah parties are cool with me specially as there music tastes aren't half bad either. Still kinda nervous though, I'm confident usually but only after an ice breaker!

Lol at the condoms. I'm not that talented :flowerforyou:
  • Natx83
    Options
    What sort of wine should I take though.. what if they dont drink wine??
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

I've found that most women prefer white wine. A pinot grigio is a safe choice.

Even if they don't like wine, it is a classy move.

Enjoy!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Very few women don't like wine... I happen to be one. If someone brings me wine, I'll use it to cook with. No harm, no foul.
  • Natx83
    Options

I've found that most women prefer white wine. A pinot grigio is a safe choice.

Even if they don't like wine, it is a classy move.

Enjoy!

Yeah I dont mind the pinot grigio or a Sav' blanc.. Will have a look down the store.

Oh and I think I may have gotten out of working tonight, so will do an early dinner then head back to mine, then head downstairs... :drinker:
  • Silver180
    Options
    Best of luck brother. Send any extras my way :)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Wine is always a safe bet...I am a merlot girl myself.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    great idea for the tin. id go with red wine merlot or malbec
  • Natx83
    Options
    Merlot is the softer of the reds yeah? I dont know if softer is the right word, im not that great with describing wine haha. Shiraz is the other end of scale yeah?
  • Silver180
    Options
    haha don't overthink this. Most women don't know much about wine. Young women know less.

Get them a jug of arbor mist and they will squeal just the same.

*edit: I should have been more helpful. Merlot, Shiraz (Syrah) and Chianti are medium-bodied, but I wouldn't pick Chianti in your situation.
  • Natx83
    Options
    haha don't overthink this. Most women don't know much about wine. Young women know less.

Over thinking is not my problem... Thinking is my problem right now.. Brain stopped computing at about 7.30am when I got this
    IMG_1896.jpg?t=1337316764
  • Natx83
    Options

*edit: I should have been more helpful. Merlot, Shiraz (Syrah) and Chianti are medium-bodied, but I wouldn't pick Chianti in your situation.

Bodied.. thats the word i was thinking of.

Red's are more of an aquired taste I think, when you look across the board so maybe a bottle of white and red, leave one upstairs, if they like the other better, just run upstairs and swap it out..lol