Hurray for More Food

Options
Can I just say this straight that I LOVE food - all kinds of stuff. I love pasta (especially in a cream sauce), avocados, salads, bacon and eggs, ice cream, dark chocolate, wine, beer, brats, steak, pizza, tacos, etc...And what I love most is that I found this group and I get to eat some of my favorites. Obviously stuff that's super high cal and/or junk food is more of an occasional indulgence, but there's always room when I want something special.

For the first time in my life I'm running on a regular basis. I'm in week one of my half marathon training and all I can say is that I know I wouldn't have the strength to push through my runs and continue to improve if I was eating less. I LOVE eating all of my 2300 calories a day - sometimes more if I have a higher burn. Sure I'm losing weight slowly, but it is coming off. I see changes in my measurements every week - it's not always in the spot I'd like it to be in, but that will come with time. I've yo-yo'd for YEARS. I wish I'd known all of this sooner. THIS is a lifestyle that I will be able to maintain!

So yay for getting to eat and feel great and lose weight all at the same time. It feels pretty fabulous!

Replies

• chapparra27
    chapparra27 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am super excited for you!! Keep up the excellent work!
    I ope my higher cal intake has the same results :wink:
  • clovr24
    clovr24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's amazing the difference in runs when you're fueled properly. I seriously wonder how I got through 2 halfs eating as little as I did- guess that's why I wasn't breaking any speed records!

Good luck!
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    love it!!! :)