Anyone doing Weight Watchers... or even slimming world?

Options
Wondering if anyone has succeeded in doing weight watchers (Or slimming world) along with lifting? I'm aware there's free foods so i guess i could fit them into my macro's to make up the calories required for workout days.

I'd love to hear other peoples experience as WW worked for me in the past and i wonder what it would be like combined with lifting...

Replies

• karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I was doing P+ at the beginning, but last week, I switched back to counting calories & macros, focusing on protein. If I run the P+ on my daily totals, it tells me I'm going over, but I want to make sure I'm eating enough to preserve/build muscle and only lose fat as much as possible.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    I was doing P+ at the beginning, but last week, I switched back to counting calories & macros, focusing on protein. If I run the P+ on my daily totals, it tells me I'm going over, but I want to make sure I'm eating enough to preserve/build muscle and only lose fat as much as possible.
    Yeah maybe its best to stick to calorie counting!
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yeah maybe its best to stick to calorie counting!

All WW is is calorie counting in a different format.

I have been lifting for almost 6 months now and have found that while I have weight loss it is very slow going - even with watching calories and food type intake (lots of protien), but my body has changed dramatically - I would think that unless you have a lot of body fat to loose trying to do something like WW while lifting may just frustrate you because chances are you will see small increments of loss...In order to loose weight I really, really, really have to watch my macros and drop my carbs way down. I know I have been stuck at the same weight for the past 3 weeks or so because I want to maintain the loss I have had so far so while I have been watching calories and macros I am a bit looser with them - but my "goal pants" can actually zip up now - can't breathe in them yet - but 3 weeks ago they wouldn't zip up - so even though my weight is the same my body isn't...