scale

Options
Should I check scale? I started last week Tuesday. about 1.5 weeks now, plan not to see it until next Friday. I pray it is not a 10 lbs GAIN lol!

Replies

• ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I think the scale is EVIL! I would stay away..it is not my friend at all..LOL I weigh myself everyday and it has turned out bad. I let it determine my mood and my worth..my advice..wait a while. With that said, I probably won't follow my own advice. LOL
  • nutritionwhiz
    nutritionwhiz Posts: 221
    Options
    If you can hold off or at least don't get depressed. I am starting my 6 weeks. I had a 3 lb gained during that time. But I took my weight on Tuesday and was down 1lb. Hang in there! :drinker:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I agree, if you can ditch it then do it!!
  • curiousheathy
    curiousheathy Posts: 108
    Options
    Everyone beat me to the punch! For me, I am very sensitive in terms of weight due to incidents that have happened over the past few years, which have left me scarred.

I personally hid mine, or rather, had my fiance hide it so I can't sneak a peak!!! When I stop caring so much about my "weight" and more about how I feel overall, then maybe I'll take a peak! :)

You got this though!
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    Yeah.. I have to admit I am feeling really good so far. It is like I don't feel like I gain or anything like that. but I become paranoid when I tried some pants on and feel so tight around my tummy. I know I am bloated. but, I just need to know the truth. I am a daily weigher but trying to break that habit.. I think I should wait for a while. More longer it is, more chance I get nervous. But I am going to try for one more week. *NERVOUS*
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I too am a daily weigher and motivated by the scale. I am running and enjoying eating healthy no matter what scale says..However, I still want the scale to go down. I'm hoping this metabolism reset is the anwer.. I am going to try and avoid the scale for a while.
  • TiffyChick
    TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am not good with the scale. AT all. Over the years I have bought into the sick, twisted lie that small numbers mean that I am beautiful. Ha! I have allowed the unattainable media ideal of beauty to become my reality. Because I know that the scale has the power to completely depress me I promised myself to NOT get on the scale for two months. And, actually, it's very freeing. I feel like I'm more focused on the realities of nutrition and workouts rather than the toxicity of a number on a scale that won't show me the muscle I've built and the fat I've lost. Instead, I'm reminding myself that I am WORTH this fitness path. I am WORTH taking the time to workout. I am WORTH putting healthy foods in my mouth and FUELING my body instead of starving it. I've really been focusing on caring for myself instead of defeating myself. Who knows...in two months time I may just not care at all about that stupid ol' scale...and that, to me, would be beautiful indeed!

Sending you lots of love and hugs!!! : )
  • curiousheathy
    curiousheathy Posts: 108
    Options
    ^ THIS!!!

I hate how society has built this lie around having a number on a scale define how fit/healthy/beautiful someone is.

I must admit, it is freeing to not have the scale around! I mean grant it, I got that high of seeing my weight go down. That did motivate me... for a day or two. However, even when I'd be doing great and I saw the scale go up, I'd be immediately deflated. I even found myself restricting myself EVEN more which obviously isn't the right answer.

But uh, yeah. Sorry for the ramble. But I TOTALLY agree.