Fell off

Options
Mdin1029
Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
Anybody else start strong then fall of with this dvd set? I only completed phase 1 (liked it), started phase 2, didn't really like workout 5 or 6, and feel like doing her No More Trouble Zones dvd's for strength along with my regular running and biking for cardio. I feel bad because of the cost but like NMTZ and Killer Buns and Thighs a lot more.

Replies

• ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey! Honestly, I started phase one and I was bored. I also had many other fitness opportunities (student wellness center pass, group fitness, personal training, etc.), so I just focused on those instead. I still plan on doing the program, but I think I'll skip phase 1 and go right into phase 2. Maybe this winter. Honestly, I feel so guilty for spending the money because I feel like I could have just done the other 5 DVDs I have of hers haha--dang fitness infomercials get me every time.
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I fell off too, twice. First I completed like 2 and a half weeks and then started over and completed two weeks and THEN started over again lol. I hated workout 2.. i just did it for my last and final time and i am so happy. I'm hoping that the next 2 DVDs interest me enough to stay on track :/
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    It's Ok...You are not alone...I am enjoying the program but I must admit....Phase 2/5 & 6 suck....I really hate 5 with rage but I push thru to keep focus on what hey say..MY GOAL....So if you have fell off it is ok..just do additional week...This is not a race and getting where we want can be enjoyable but not all the time...Stay focus and keep you head up....
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    Try not to feel bad. Even if you don't do the whole 3 phases, you can always pick and choose the workouts you like from the program. Also, maybe you'll feel like doing it in the future. That's what's happened to me before. I got a program, didn't really jive with it to begin with, but picked it up later or at least portions of it. It's clear you found something else that you like and works for you, so better that you're staying healthy as opposed to just sitting there and not doing anything.
  • Mdin1029
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear others didn't like 5 and 6, maybe I'll try the next ones later and be motivated, or as others said, pick and choose pieces mixed with other things that work for me.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    It's Ok...You are not alone...I am enjoying the program but I must admit....Phase 2/5 & 6 suck....I really hate 5 with rage but I push thru to keep focus on what hey say..MY GOAL....So if you have fell off it is ok..just do additional week...This is not a race and getting where we want can be enjoyable but not all the time...Stay focus and keep you head up....

LOL - Wait until you get to Workout 7.
  • allibean15
    allibean15 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I am actually in the same exact position! I just started Phase 2 and did not like it at all! I skipped it all this week. I am going to try to give it one more shot and start fresh next week. I would like to complete it if I can but I am losing motivation. Anyone every try just doing the workouts once each per week and doing something else the other days? I thought of that but then am I "cheating" the system? I cant seem to keep motivated!
  • Mdin1029
    Options
    Anybody else start strong then fall of with this dvd set? I only completed phase 1 (liked it), started phase 2, didn't really like workout 5 or 6, and feel like doing her No More Trouble Zones dvd's for strength along with my regular running and biking for cardio. I feel bad because of the cost but like NMTZ and Killer Buns and Thighs a lot more.

Thanks again for the feedback, and of=off!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    same here. Looks like I am not the only one. But, I fell off because of the knee injury (I was doing Zumba along with JMBR). I hurt my knee in one Zumba class and I am still recovering. I need to get back on track and restart from Phase1 just so I have a sense of accomplishment that I completed all phases of the JMBR. Will update my progress soon. Cheers!