Summer Plans for Improved Health

Options
marpeters
marpeters Posts: 205 Member
Hi,
I've been really looking forward to summer so I can get back on some pretty great healthy habits. What kinds of goals are you setting for this summer? Healthy, family, relationships, travel, books????

My goals:
Do daily stretching...
Add bike to the exercise
Swim twice a week
Weight train 3 X
Walk more on trails w/out cars :)

That's just what I'm thinking now! How about you?
Marcia

Replies

• Summerlove1993
    Summerlove1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Great idea!

I want to lose more weight. The more I lose, the better I feel.
    I want to swim daily, weather permitting.
    I want to exercise more.
    I want to get together with my friends more often.
    I am a voracious reader, and I know that I will plow through a lot of books (pleasure only).
    I will be going on a mission trip to Appalachia late summer, and I will be preparing for that.
    I want to make home improvements & work in my gardens.
  • marpeters
    Options
    Sounds so good!!! Isn't it just wonderful to have this time off and really focus on the important things in life! Your trip sounds interesting...the Appalachias are so beautiful but secluded. It would be fascinating to know what you do there. If you read any good books, post them. I'm always looking for new authors. We're out 6/15...so it's not long now!
  • Summerlove1993
    Options
    My daughter's church youth group along with several adults (my husband & I included) are going to W. Virginia to make home repairs in poverty stricken areas. I went as a youth, and my husband has gone as an adult. This is the first time that we are going on this mission trip as a family. I look forward to seeing it through my daughter's eyes. It is a real character-building experience for teens. Last year we went to Disney for two weeks and lived large. This year is the exact opposite!
  • marpeters
    Options
    That is such a wonderful way to teach life's lessons. To see, experience and help others of different economic ability is sooooo important in this country of ours. It connects us with most of the world's peoples. What a great family experience...you are truly building life long memories.

Do you think this is our own personal chat forum???? Any other teachers out there????
  • Summerlove1993
    Options
    How funny! I wish more would visit. We do have 50 members in our group after all.
  • heriwen
    heriwen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    well I'm moving this summer... so my goals are to find a new job, to continue losing weight and to continue working out. Hopefully after I relocate, I can join a gym because I am NOT good at working out outside when it's hot out! haha and my biggest goal is to spend as little money as possible!!
  • marpeters
    Options
    well I'm moving this summer... so my goals are to find a new job, to continue losing weight and to continue working out. Hopefully after I relocate, I can join a gym because I am NOT good at working out outside when it's hot out! haha and my biggest goal is to spend as little money as possible!!

Oh my, moving...that's a lot of box carrying. Sounds like a calorie burner to me. Hope all goes smoothly with you. Change is hard. Take good care of yourself. Is finding a job going to be tough where you're going? Around here its tough to break in. I'm also there with you on working in the heat...just can't do it anymore. Have fun and let us know how it ends up!
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My goal is to maintain over the summer. I always gain over the summer, so this summer I'm looking to stay the same and it will be an extra bonus if I lose. I also want to get my son out and about. Lots of plans such as parent/tot swim lessons and tumbling. Yippee!
  • Summerlove1993
    Options

That is a lot of work. It will be a challenge to log in during your move. We are all here to support you during your transition. If you need to grab something like fast food on moving day, maybe try to plan ahead now so that you will be ready. Subway is a good option. I tend to use these kinds of situations as an excuse to eat whatever I want no matter the consequences. But, if you plan ahead, you won't get yourself in trouble.

Best wishes for finding a job and making a home of your new place.
  • Summerlove1993
    Options
    My goal is to maintain over the summer. I always gain over the summer, so this summer I'm looking to stay the same and it will be an extra bonus if I lose. I also want to get my son out and about. Lots of plans such as parent/tot swim lessons and tumbling. Yippee!

That is an excellent goal! My daughter is 14 now, but I remember vividly when she was little all of those trips to the zoo, beach, and friends houses. We had a little blow-up pool in the backyard. I found one that inflated automatically since I had to drain it daily to change the water. It just became a routine. I also had different sprinklers for she and her friends to run through. We had bubbles and sidewalk chalk. I really miss those sweet days. Enjoy the time you have now. They grow up so fast.

Now we have a permanent swimming pool filled with teenagers all summer! It is still fun, but it is a different kind of fun...loud music and all!
  • marpeters
    Options

Awesome plans...I loved the summers with my little one too. My husband was a teacher (currently retired) and we really had lots of great family time. I always view maintaining my weight as a weight loss win. Maybe I celebrate too much, but for too many years if I wasn't losing I was gaining. So staying the same is actually a weight loss...cause I didn't gain. Convoluted thinking I know.. but makes sense to me! Have a great summer and let us know how you are doing!
  • marpeters
    Options

Jealous of that swimming pool :)