Just starting.....again with questions

Options
Hi all, just found this group and keen to give it a go. I did 1200 cals a day for a month and lost nothing , walked for 45mins 3 times a week. I started at the gym 2 weeks ago and go 5-6 times a week, 30mins cardio, 20 mins weights ( machines) .

I try to do heavy weights, 3 sets of 10 on each machine.

I looked into tdee and after taking off 20% I am at 2000 cals, so....... that's how much I should eat right? Sounds like alot....

I am 5 foot 4 and weigh 85 kg's.........

Please if anyone can confirm that the 2000cals a day sounds right then with above stats and workouts.

Thank you!
Em

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Hi there, how old are you?
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    my tdee (with 20% off) works out to about 5500, lol. How I am ever going to afford anything but food is beyond me lol.
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    oh and WELCOME :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    my tdee (with 20% off) works out to about 5500, lol. How I am ever going to afford anything but food is beyond me lol.

Yah that will be expensive!! BUT you will also probably lose a bit faster which means your TDEE will decrease. I think you're supposed to recalculate after every 5 lbs lost or so. SO at least it won't be expensive forever!
  • bettyzing
    bettyzing Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi there, how old are you?

I am 36
  • bettyzing
    bettyzing Posts: 48
    Options

Ha true indeed. Thanks for the reply
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    This is probably a dumb question, but how do you guys figure it out? I have a couple of sites I've been told about and then, whichever number they give me, to subtract 750 to lose 1 1/2 pounds per week. Am I doing this right? I just want to make sure, cuz I've read 100 extra calories a day and you can be gaining 10 pounds each year.

14877786.png