Cravings are killer... How can I curve them?

Options
MissyK222
MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
Everytime I have "tried" to diet I have horrible craveings and sometimes I feel like I'm starving even though I am eating enough. Are there any tricks other than water that can curve these cravings???

Replies

• deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Try eating more protein and fiber with each meal and see if you are still hungry. For cravings try 1tbs. cocoa powder in 1 glass of water with some stevia or something similar or dark chocolate-cocoa should take care of cravings.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself to indulge in small amounts. And search out healthy alternatives to your favorite recipes. There are lots of healthy blogs out there.
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Omg... I hate my cravings!!! I have cravings every freaking day.. and no offense but. Water an.d sugar ain't gonna help.. that's kinda gross..
  • MissyK222
    Options
    Thanks you guys for the advice!:smile::smile:
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Here's a few things that I do to curb my cravings:

1. I'll buy one of those big dark chocolate candy bars and break it into small portions. I pack 1 portion in my lunch for my afternoon snack w/ an apple.

2. Try a new fruit every week/month (whatever your budget will allow).

3. Try Chocolate milk as an "post workout" recovery drink. I drink chocolate milk dang near every day. As long as it fits into calories/macros - it's all good.

4. Make your own trail mix/snack mix. This is something I do with leftover cereal/nuts/etc..in my pantry. I do this for me and my kids, makes a great snack mix to pack in everyone's lunch. Use the recipe builder to figure out how many calories are in each serving. Usually ours consists of Chex, dark chocolate chips, peanuts, craisens, or M&M's.

5. Try new recipes - check out Skinnytaste.com & Hungry Girl - there are some GREAT low-cal recipes that are super easy to make. If you don't have kids, make a huge batch and freeze individual portions so you're not tempted to eat the entire batch.

6. Lastly, make sure you're hitting all your macros & you're eating enough. If you're feeling hungry or craving certain items sometimes it's a matter of not eating enough or you're lacking in something. A relative once told me if you're craving spaghetti, you may be lacking in potassium. I've been craving fish and I've had fish the last couple of days - so I know I'm missing something in my regular diet.

Good luck! :)
  • MissyK222
    Options
    Thanks your response really helped me out!!!
    :happy: