My *kitten* got bigger over night? :-/

graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
I usually weigh myself on Fridays. I decided not to depress myself so I held off, but I wanted to check my inches because they had been pretty steady and considering my calories per day, that was good. Well I'm up a bit over all in inches, but around my hips/butt I went up over half an inch since yesterday??? I mean, I know in your waist it would go up/down due to sodium. But that's a huge jump. That's almost an inch more butt than I had 2 weeks ago. :sad:

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Did you workout the day before? Is TOM here or around the corner? I am up on the scale and inches due to TOM and my leg workout. Sodium is always a sticking point for me too...
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Unfortunately, the answer to " did you workout the day before?" for me is almost ALWAYS yes. I taught CXWORX and Spinning last night. My body is so used to it though that is usually doesn't mess with me. TOM isn't due yet. I ate late last night from insomnia (cereal) and got a crappy nights sleep. It just seemed drastic. I thought I was measuring wrong. Sodium I think I was under...I need to check. My jeans were finally feeling really good a few weeks ago, so knowing I shouldn't even try them on is discouraging...but I'll stay the course!

Scooby is saying I should eat 2400, but I'm almost always at 3000 or above with my BMF. Would you recommend 2400-or 2500?
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Hmmm, well theres nothing wrong with a little more *kitten* as long as its in the right place:tongue:

Keep going. I read one of those stickys and it was like she was talking to me. I believe it was Kiki who wrote it but she was saying how it could take weeks or months depending on how you treated your body before.

I am down half an inch around my waist but I should have checked my hips....but really my waist is what needs the most work so I was just checking real quick this morning just to see. I'll check all over again in a week to see if that half inch truly did find its way out of here!

Like you, I have worked my butt off in the gym and ate low calorie with no positive results for almost two years. Miserable. I am looking at this as even if I don't lose, I am sticking with it because I am enjoying myself so much more. I know I have to be more fun to be around! Normally I always decline eating out or eating ice cream with the kids and if it wasn't planned in for the day? Forget it! I wasn't budging. I hate my body less... before I couldn't understand why I was always so hungry yet never lost anything. It was a constant struggle with both mind and body. I feel so much calmer and don't feel like punishing myself with a binge and self loathing.

I figure even if I stay about this same size, then so be it. Atleast I am eating more, enjoying myself more and having more fun! I'll still keep tweaking my cals to hopefully lose some fat but I am not going to drive myself crazy with it anymore!

So read those stickys and stay with it, keep going! Your body wants that food so keep giving it fuel and once it sees this is a constant thing, it will relax and start burning off what it doesn't need.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Unfortunately, the answer to " did you workout the day before?" for me is almost ALWAYS yes. I taught CXWORX and Spinning last night. My body is so used to it though that is usually doesn't mess with me. TOM isn't due yet. I ate late last night from insomnia (cereal) and got a crappy nights sleep. It just seemed drastic. I thought I was measuring wrong. Sodium I think I was under...I need to check. My jeans were finally feeling really good a few weeks ago, so knowing I shouldn't even try them on is discouraging...but I'll stay the course!

Scooby is saying I should eat 2400, but I'm almost always at 3000 or above with my BMF. Would you recommend 2400-or 2500?

Do you want my honest opinion??? If your BMF say 3000, then I would eat 2700...:flowerforyou: