So What Sort of Meals Could I Have

Options
phoenix8633
phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
So I'm sorry if his has already been posted or similar to it but I'm just wondering what sort of breakfast lunch and dinners I could have if I'm going to up my calories? I'm quite interested in what people are eating and would like some ideas.

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, that could take me all day...I have so many options...but I will spare you all the reading...please feel free to take a look at my diary, it is open to the public...you can friend me as well, because I tend to yack about some of my concoctions...this morning I made a 667 cal protein drink that will actually be split into two serving cause it is way to filling to complete in one sitting:

3 scoops Dr. Mercola pure protein
    small banana
    2tbs pb
    2 raw eggs

yummy!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look through my diary. I am still new to the eat more, its been less than two weeks so I am still working on it. I have been letting myself have things I haven't had and eating oatmeal more. I have even eaten out more then I have in 3 months! But I am down half an inch around my waist and I have eaten "perfect" in the past and didn't lose a drop of nothing in over a year!

I am enjoying much more nuts, nut butters, avocados, hummus, pancakes (I use oats that I grind into flour so its more like oatcakes), eating more bread. Bananas, shakes and protein powder. I make the majority of my food and some sound more naughty than what they are. The brownie batter dip is made from white cannellini beans, its like a dessert hummus type thing with flaxmeal, nut butter and just enough sweetener.

I have been loving it!
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The brownie batter dip is made from white cannellini beans, its like a dessert hummus type thing with flaxmeal, nut butter and just enough sweetener.

I have been loving it!

this is such a tease ;)

post the recipe, woman!

phoenix, my diary is open so feel free to browse it. if you see a long list of ingredients that sound good and you want to know what the heck exactly i made, just ask me.

i find a lot of vegetarian recipes that sound really tasty and then add a protein source to them. my favorite go to add in is ground turkey. i've added it to spaghetti squash lasagna and veggie stuffed peppers with yummy results. i also like to cook some chicken in the crock pot (the best way) or boil some chicken and then shred it with a fork and keep it in the fridge for quick recipes like chicken salad, chicken tacos, etc. my favorite snacks are almonds, greek yogurt, ricotta cheese (mix in some mini chocolate chips and a little coconut - tastes just like a mounds bar), and my protein coffee frap (protein powder, greek yogurt, stevia, starbucks instant packet, choc syrup, ice).
  • witrixie2011
    witrixie2011 Posts: 224
    Options
    My diary is open and feel like I eat pretty "normally".
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    This is from the Chocolatecoveredkatie blog that I use several times a day! I like using garbanzos but my kids prefer white cannellini bean texture. Its more smooth. I only needed to use 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar and it was still sweet.

Brownie Batter Dip

Inspired by the famous Cookie Dough Dip.

1 can garbanzo beans, drained (250g)
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    up to 2 tablespoons milk of choice
    1/4c nut butter of choice (or oil, if you don’t want any nut butter flavor)
    2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    a little over 1/8 tsp salt
    2/3c dry sweetener
    optional: feel free to add flaxmeal or quick oats
    Combine all ingredients in a food processor (not blender, for best results) and process until very, very smooth.
  • slammy1079
    slammy1079 Posts: 97
    Options
    I made an awesome protein shake this morning after my morning boot camp (apparently it was upper body day - ouch!) - I probably should have added an additional scoop of protein powder, but:

2 big handfuls spinach
    1 (or two) scoop whey protein powder
    1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 medium banana
    1/2 cup pineapple

Fill the rest of the blender with ice. This is key to making it really frothy and milkshake-y! Blend and enjoy. The ice makes it puff up a lot so it's extremely filling.

Lunch today is a giant homemade sandwich with whole wheat bread, smoked turkey, cheddar, avocado and tomato. I can't wait, I've been craving a turkey sandwich all week!

Tonight I'll probably either grill or make salad lyonnaise. And have a glass of wine. :)

I"m trying to branch out a little because I've been a little over-dependent on yogurt, cottage cheese, and peanut butter the last two weeks!
  • Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    Options
    my favorite salad ever

base: avocado, feta cheese, grilled chicken, mixed greens, olive oil and white balsamic vinigar

then i add things like edamame beans YUM (they add fibre), cucumbers, lemon juice, cherry tomatoes, red peppers etc

and i ususally use the premixed pre washed spring mix just beacuase its the easiest and theres so many different kinds of leafy greens in there

everything just mixes together so perfect and creates this creamy refreshing and super filling meal, full of healthy fat and energy boosters.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    This is from the Chocolatecoveredkatie blog that I use several times a day! I like using garbanzos but my kids prefer white cannellini bean texture. Its more smooth. I only needed to use 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar and it was still sweet.

Brownie Batter Dip

Inspired by the famous Cookie Dough Dip.

1 can garbanzo beans, drained (250g)
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    up to 2 tablespoons milk of choice
    1/4c nut butter of choice (or oil, if you don’t want any nut butter flavor)
    2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    a little over 1/8 tsp salt
    2/3c dry sweetener
    optional: feel free to add flaxmeal or quick oats
    Combine all ingredients in a food processor (not blender, for best results) and process until very, very smooth.

this sounds awesome!! thanks.

what do you usually dip in it?
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    A lot of us have3 set our macro nutrients to 40/30/30 so then I just eat whatever I want to try to satisfy those goals while staying within my calories.

I find eating a lot more protein really helps me stay full longer.

Here are things I eat on a daily or almost daily basis:7

greek yogurt with all bran buds, strawberries, almonds, oatmeal protein pancakes, eggs, tuna sandwhich, chicken breasts (usually with rice or potato and veggies, or any meat really with a starch and veggies for supper, wraps with veggies and meat, chocolate milk, protein bar etc.

I eat pretty normal food and I find trying to hit those macros keeps me eating mostly healthy foods with a few treats here and there.
  • lee155
    lee155 Posts: 120
    Options
    My diary is open. feel free to look.

I eat "normal" now, I cook all my meals. It's not the cleanest diary, if that's what you're looking for. :)