Change isn't always a good thing ....

Options
So today will be day 13 of 30DS, 3rd day on level 2. I talked myself into weighing and measuring this morning. I am UP 1.5 lbs and 1 inch in my lower stomach, nothing else has changed. Shouldn't I be seeing POSITIVE results at this point?! L2 is really hard for me. I am hoping I can do the complete workout by Sunday, with no breaks or substitutions. I felt like I was pretty good at level 1 and would be getting some good results. I am still sticking to MFP plan of 1200 calories a day and ever other day or so I will eat and extra 150-200 calories that I gained from the workout that day. It's hard to tell if I see results beyond the number because I see myself everyday ... I dont want to get frustrated but its kinda hard when I feel like I am moving backwards.
Some background info. I am about 5'5 and started at 133lb with a goal of 118. I hit 121 about 4 weeks ago and stayed there until this week when I gained 1.5lbs. I use about 60 calories on breakfast 200-300 on lunch 100-200 on snacks and the rest on dinner. I RARELY drink soft drinks and when I do I log them. I drink milos splenda tea and water. I try to be strict with my logging and if I can not find something I ate I will log the closet thing I can find. For ex. I love the side order of cheese fries at a local restaurant and I log it as outback.
Does anyone have any advice for me?! I had hoped to reach my goal by now and strictly focus on toning!

Replies

• Emikayfoos
    Emikayfoos Posts: 35
    Options
    Before i started 30ds i did a lot if research on results for different people. Some people lose one lb but multiple inches..some people lose a lot of lbs but barely any inches. BUT i think yours is the one where a lot of people gained a lb or two because the muscle they were building! And then when they hit level three..the lbs start to shred. Dont give up hope!! Keep it up!
  • Medlockbb
    Medlockbb Posts: 57
    Options
    Before i started 30ds i did a lot if research on results for different people. Some people lose one lb but multiple inches..some people lose a lot of lbs but barely any inches. BUT i think yours is the one where a lot of people gained a lb or two because the muscle they were building! And then when they hit level three..the lbs start to shred. Dont give up hope!! Keep it up!

OO I sure hope so! I just figured if I was building muscle I would be loosing inches .... at least in my mid section. I'm gonna try to stick with it I THINK I can see a small difference. Maybe I'll find out tomorrow when we go out on the boat, my friends haven't seen me in a bikini since I started so hopefully they'll notice haha. Once I get level 2 down pat Im going to try to add 6wk6pk and see what happens. We are going to the beach towards the end of June and I REALLY want to feel good about how I look! I feel great about how I look fully clothed, in a bikini is a different story haha.
  • Emikayfoos
    Emikayfoos Posts: 35
    Options
    Exactly! Just remember that uts hard to see a notice on your own body when you examine it every day! Just wait until yahnsee your friends :)
  • Medlockbb
    Medlockbb Posts: 57
    Options
    THANKS!