It works! It really works!

Options
loricolwill
loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
I am currently half way through stage 1 and I thought I would share with you my success so far.

Just a quick history about me and why I started NROL4W. Over the last 2.5 years I have lost a total of 125 lbs. I have successfully kept it off for the last 18 months. However, my body shape just wasn't where I wanted it to be. I still have flab and rolls where I didn't want them. So for the last 6 months I had tried lowering calories and running in order to try to get rid of a bit more fat. I did this without a lot of success. I had seen a lot of positive posts on MFP about NR and some AMAZING pictures, so I decided to buy the book.

The upping my calories really did a mental number on me. I had spent the last 2.5 years eating at 1000-1200 NET calories. So increasing to 1700-2000 (gross calories) according to the book, freaked me out! But I did as the author suggested and decided I would give it 1 month. (Well, three weeks. :smile: ) My NET calories now range anywhere between 1500 and 2000.

I took measurements and pictures within the first week and after stepping on the scale and freaking out, I decided not to weigh again until halfway through Stage 1. (I used to weight daily.) Which brings me to today.

I started the program on 4/30 and I start workout A5 this afternoon. So here are my stats as of this morning.

Arms - lost 1/2 inch in each one!
Thighs - lost almost an inch in each one!
Torso - Lost 2.5 inches throughout!!! (I measure in 3 different places.)
BF% (as estimated by my scale) - down almost 1%
Muscle mass (as estimated by my scale) - up almost a pound
weight - up 2.5 lbs

I list weight last, because it has truly become the least important. It is just another number to measure progress. It is not THE number by which to determine your progress.

I am so excited and encouraged by these results. AND the changes that I can already see in my body. So if you are just beginning, or thinking about beginning. It really does work!

Replies

• cpa8198
    cpa8198 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's some fantastic progress!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yay! Love to hear great results like this. And congrats on your awesomely huge weight loss :)
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'll do 7b today. I've lost about .5 inch off my waist but nothing on my thighs yet. They do LOOK much better though. I've also gained a steady 3.5lbs. Looking foward to being deaper into the program and seeing where I am (and you are) then!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Fantastic
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you like NROL4W. I, too, am a fan.

nicely done!!
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Thats great!!

I do my measurements once a month so I'm interested to see what next month will say..
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Thank you for directing me to this, I think I need to just step away from the scale and focus on the training and getting my cardio in for stress relief.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress, and pleased for you that you have managed to forsake the evil monster (aka the scale) that lurks in the corner of the bathroom.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    AWESOME work!! I think the weights has helped me more than ANY other change i have made... and I LOVE the feeling of kicking butt when l have finished!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You rock!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wonderful
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Awesome stats! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    so great!! keep it up and thanks for sharing.
  • loricolwill
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Completed 5a tonight and it ROCKED! It really is motivating when you can see and feel the results.
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am on stage1. 5a workout today. This post inspired me to take measurements! Still too scared to get on the scale :)
    Since 4/24 I have lost:
    Gained 1/2" in chest ? Strange. This was the only gain so can't complain.
    Lost
    1/2" in each bicep
    1 1/2" in waist
    1/4" in hips
    1/2" in each thigh
    1/2" stomach

I have increased calories from 1100-1200 to 1500-1700. So.........

THIS PROGRAM REALLY DOES WORK!!!!!!!

YES THIS PROGRAM REALLY DOES WORK!!!!!!!
  • loricolwill
    Options
    I am on stage1. 5a workout today. This post inspired me to take measurements! Still too scared to get on the scale :)
    Since 4/24 I have lost:
    Gained 1/2" in chest ? Strange. This was the only gain so can't complain.
    Lost
    1/2" in each bicep
    1 1/2" in waist
    1/4" in hips
    1/2" in each thigh
    1/2" stomach

I have increased calories from 1100-1200 to 1500-1700. So.........

THIS PROGRAM REALLY DOES WORK!!!!!!!

YES THIS PROGRAM REALLY DOES WORK!!!!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!