Benefit of Eating More: Insomnia is subsiding

Options
rubybeach
rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
Ive suffered from insomnia since I was a teenager, to the extent that I have to take medication (which I hate :grumble: ). In fact, I was headed to a sleep study in a month.

In the last 2 weeks I've noticed I'm ready for bed by 10-11pm.....my mind isn't constantly racing and I've only taken my medication once.

Considering my life is so stressful right now, (moving across the world and packing up my whole home on short notice) normally I'd be up all night......stressing big time.

This is HUGE :smile: . Anyone who has insomnia knows we suffer day and night from exhaustion...... What a lovely and unexpected perk.

Thanks ladies :flowerforyou:

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic!

While I am no scientist, just a pretend smart person (well and a CIO for a startup company, which makes me feel like i know it all haha)

I heard that starvation can lead to sleep deprivation due to hunger pains. If you trained your body to ignore hunger pains, you body still has a natural instinct to look for food. I had a friend who was anorexic and her doc told her this when she went in because she was literally up for 4days straight.

But who know I may be full of BS! :)
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Mike- I think you have a point there. I was hungry when I went to bed, now I'm not has I have enough calories to eat before bed. Plus, maybe more fuel for my brain= less stress and anxiety?

Whatever it is, I hope it continues :)

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I hope this is true as I have suffered from insomnia for the past 3 years. I was up until 2:30 last night until finally giving in to Ambien. I hope it works.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I hope this is true as I have suffered from insomnia for the past 3 years. I was up until 2:30 last night until finally giving in to Ambien. I hope it works.

Something that helps, at least for me, is about an hour before bed drink a glass of Celestial Sleepy Time tea....that stuff makes me relax enough to sleep

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/sleepytime-teas/sleepytime